insurance renewal due

just had SUCH a frustrating conversation with "bob" from delhi from Norwich Union... asked if covered for use on trackday- had to explain to him what a track was, then he had to go check with supervisor was on hold for 20 mins before being told that NO, I was not covered.

ARGH.

Makes me think twice about insuring with them again... plus I found it really hard to understand what he was saying! ARGH

rant over.

:angry2:

DG

IIRC it's only Norwich Union, not Norwich Union Direct who offer track day cover.

I use them through a broker, Bickley Insurance 020 8773 8123

They also covered my 997 for Track Days @ £130 per day with 10% car value excess(Which I think you'll find is fairly standard)

Just took at insurance for the year from Swinton for £475 on the 997S, 33years old, no points yet, no accidents yet. Hubby on too, but he's got non-fault claim in 2006.

Excess is a crippling £750 though.

Not bad though seeing as NU direct wanted £773 for me to renew with them. This policy is also with Norwich union just through a broker.

The PCGB insurance is Norwich Union via Marsh Private Clients. They whack a percentage on the premium, of course, but at least you get to talk to a human in the UK. They cover track days *providing* they are arranged by PCGB.

The reason for the 'perk of the policy' rather than 'part of the policy' is that this forces you to tell your insurer that you will be going on a track day on a certain day. This is to prevent the old trick of one smashing ones car up (hypothetically of course!) on a track day and then towing it off the track down the road and claiming that you never went near the track! So if you were to have a mishap after telling the insurer that you were tracking it that day you'd have a hard time proving (unless witnessed) that it happened anywhere but on the track. The track cover usually involves a different excess level to the main policy (probably by a few £k) which could tempt the unscrupulous into the effort of defrauding the insurer.

• 2 weeks later...

Im currently up for renewal, been shopping around the past few days. Im 34, 19 years NCB, 6000 miles a year, clean licence for 5+ years, low risk postcode, garaged etc. I've been with Adrian Flux the past year and they come up with a renewal of £500 with protected NCB, legal protection, £400 excess etc.

I really thought it was a bad renewal and I could get it down a chunk, I've tried numerous price comparison sites and by the time the excess is matched, NCB protection and legal is added at best they can save me a tenner. Looks like Flux will be keeping my business. First time I've renewed without at least a good haggle.

its due again, and its gone up surprise surprise. 36 yr old , full no claims, SP30. quotes from £500 - £1100. any one know or can recommend any insurance companies.

Received my renewal offer today, was expecting to get shafted. But not a problem as the renewal with Liverpool Victoria is £246.65 !!! Fully comp, no claim Guarantee, total excess of £450, kept in garage over night, 6000 miles max per year. Dont think I will bother to look around, that will do for me.

Im 34, 19 years NCB

I didn't know you had been driving since you were 15 ;)

Opps, slight finger trouble, think i meant 17 years lol.

Liverpool Victoria wot quote for me as I dont have a tracker.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Admiral's renewal for me was one of the best around as usual at £593, but came with a £550 excess and was part of a multicar policy.

Instead, I insured both with HIC last week with the Boxster coming out at £509 with £300 excess. :D

I may look as if I'm only just into my twenties but I'm 29.

It's garaged in outer London, limited to 6k pa, I have 8 years NCD (protected) and no claims or points.

HIC do arrange some policies with trackday cover included, but I would have been looking at £1500+ for one of those.

You are all very lucky. I can't remember the exact figure (I try to forget!) but for an East London postcode, 29, 3Y NCB, no points, garaged, I pay around £1100+ for 10months with Elephant.

Other insurers couldn't beat the quote either.

You are all very lucky. I can't remember the exact figure (I try to forget!) but for an East London postcode, 29, 3Y NCB, no points, garaged, I pay around £1100+ for 10months with Elephant.

Lurker,

When you're next due - try giving Bond Lovis insurance brokers in Plaistow a call - they may be able to do something for you.

Me - 36 year old male.

7 years NCB.

Live in Kent, car is garaged, no tracker.

7000 miles a year.

Track days included if run by Porsche GB of Lotus on Track, if not £62.50 per trackday with a £2000 excess (I think)

AA break down cover included as well as abroad.

£950 odd from memory with Heritage Insurance.

Could have got a lot cheaper with Admiral but obviously they don't do track day cover. I used to insure my cars Merc CLK 320, Boxster S & Lotus Exige S with Admiral as they were always between the £500 to £600 mark.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Lurker,

When you're next due - try giving Bond Lovis insurance brokers in Plaistow a call - they may be able to do something for you.

Thanks for the tip, R2MUL! Will definitely give them a try next year.

RAC want £567 for mine this year (today actually), thats gone up more than 10% on last year.

Just called Heritage, £496 FC or thay do a policy including track day cover for £800. Hmmm...

Edit: RAC not interested in beating anyone else, so Heritage got my business.

£967 FULLY COMP TRADE POLICY for me & the wife plus all my sales cars,any car in my possession,trade plates,test drives & demonstration cover etc PLUS the Range and Porsche as my own personal vehicles.NCP and upto 2 claims per year without repercussions.Also has a £60k indemnity/claim limit which is the top limit.

• 2 months later...

Archived