Breakdown cover

Skidd

Insurance renewal today, I didn't go for their breakdown cover as I think I can do better myself.

I don't need homestart, but do want recovery to destination, UK only.

We have 2 cars, a 2005 Box, and a 2004 Megane.

- AA\RAC\GreenFlag will cover both for 100quid. Who is best?

- RescueMyCar (send out a local garage) will provide cover for 29quid per car.

Any other recommendations, or discount codes for the big 3?

I am with AA until early next month. I was looking to swap to RAC as it's about 10% less, but am waiting until I see if the new car has anything thrown in. :unsure:

Few things I've found.

You can get RAC cover with tesco points for 28 quid. And that's the recovery package. Don;t have enough points tho :(

Aviva resell RAC cover, and it's marginally cheaper (10 quid).

I can only speak for RAC - had them out 3 times last year to tow my old car on to it's final destination. Although I had made plans to go on, they bent over backwards to help me go on to my (different) destination.

Faultless service, I'm sure others will have their own stories too!

I have RAC family cover for 3 cars Home Start the lot, costs about £130. When the Audi cover ran out (which is run by the RAC) I took the RAC offering as they had been so useful with punctures etc. As all the cars are out of warranty I figure its a small price to pay for peace of mind.

• 5 weeks later...

Spammer - f*ck off.

Breakdown cover, I'm with the RAC and happy enough with them, I reduced my level of cover as the renewal was around £170, I had everything covered but it's easy to get sucked in adding bits. Now I'm covered for any vehicle and will be taken to any UK destination for about £78.

I found this cheaper than covering both cars for any driver or covering me & my wife for both cars. My thinking being that if the wife broke down I'd drive to her in the other car and say it was me who broke down - naughty but feck, what's the difference. Also if you want to be naughty and have home start without paying for it give a friends address as your home address then if your car won't start at home you are covered.

Finally worth noting that the AA offer a limited warranty for about £75 which covers you for costs up to £1500, you can make 5 claims in any given year.

I am with AA until early next month. I was looking to swap to RAC as it's about 10% less, but am waiting until I see if the new car has anything thrown in. :unsure:

What like a free year's supply of fuel? :inocent:

Archived