Insurance Co's taking the p***

More a gentle rant than seeking advice particularly as I know others pay a lot more than me. However, renewal time again and no changes in circumstances other than another year older and Box worth less. Renewal of a protected NCB of 15 years has increased from £350 to £528 with Aviva. Used all the comparison sites, visited various insurers direct including our sponsors and the cheapest I can get is £418 with Admiral, which I've reluctantly taken. An annual increase of 20% more :angry2: Is anyone else experiencing policies increasing at this rate?

Kevin G

PS

At least the MOT cost is still the same and today the Box sailed through that including confirmation the discs and pads are OK - in light of recent comments on that subject I specifically asked tester to check rear of discs for corrosion :thumbsup_anim:

More a gentle rant than seeking advice particularly as I know others pay a lot more than me. However, renewal time again and no changes in circumstances other than another year older and Box worth less. Renewal of a protected NCB of 15 years has increased from £350 to £528 with Aviva. Used all the comparison sites, visited various insurers direct including our sponsors and the cheapest I can get is £418 with Admiral, which I've reluctantly taken. An annual increase of 20% more :angry2: Is anyone else experiencing policies increasing at this rate?

Kevin G

PS

At least the MOT cost is still the same and today the Box sailed through that including confirmation the discs and pads are OK - in light of recent comments on that subject I specifically asked tester to check rear of discs for corrosion :thumbsup_anim:

Yes but you've done the right thing and voted with your feet.

Went up 30%+ last year and will rise 20%+ this year alledgedly due to claims increasingly being inflated with injury and cars hire costs. Fraudulant claims can't help either.

Most companies offer introduction and internet discounts but not a retention incentive so, even without the "natural" increase, come the second year renewal prices are higher because the discount has gone. Move, as you have done, and take advantage of the new company incentives (but expect to have to move again next year!). Plenty of posts on here on tips to reduce premiums e.g:

• add a female driver
  • correctly describe your occupation
  • keep off road but not in a garage.

Kevin G

PS

Yep exactualy the same policy has gone up over £100 despite as above im older,cars worth less,and no change in circumstances.

I tried all comparision sites and were quoting nearly £1000 as best deal,im usualy rearly good at shopping around but lost the will to life and went with my current insurrer/broker Adrian Flux and got stung for nearly £600 couuld be arsed to barter.haggle any more.

Did leave it a bit late though....need to reinsure in the same day!

You see in the news everything is increasing in price.....guess insurance is just the same :rolleyes_anim:

'Add a female driver'.......they wanted nearly a grand more.........your having a laugh.

She did have 3 accidents last year envolving 1 total loss to add to the other tally of incedents so can be expected! :whistle:

And I use to let her drive my car?????

Just about to post about the same subject when I read yours. More Than : Policy 7 years, last year £720, this year received yesterday £1020 ( No crashes, no points, 7 years NCB, aged 59 box year older etc etc) What a swindle. We're paying for the lowlife uninsured chavs but I'm not having it either

Two hours reserved for research then I'm off to a better deal. Do they think we're stupid ?

Admiral just f--ked me over . 1 don,t do multi car with them . i had an none fault last year didn,t even claim . the bloke that reversed into me paid for the damage. cause i started the claim then stopped it .they doubled my insurance by loading it . and they loaded my wifes as well cause we were on multi car . they are to*sers .i have complained to the ombudsman . they have done f--k all about it . they said to me there are thousands of complaints about loading people insurance for none fault accidents .i said to them if there is something said not right on tv . 20 people complain.and they they jump on them and sort it .admiral said to me cause there was an accident i was more lightly to have another so they load you . so i said if i don,t have an accident would you refund the load after 3 years . they said no. insurance companys are legalized robbers . about we sorted it .

Adding wife took 15% off. Also limited miles to 6k.

In March, out of curiosity I swapped my car for a 996 turbo (kept everything else the same) on comparison site and got a very reasonable £450! Now if could just afford to buy, maintain and fill one...

Adding wife took 15% off. Also limited miles to 6k.

In March, out of curiosity I swapped my car for a 996 turbo (kept everything else the same) on comparison site and got a very reasonable £450! Now if could just afford to buy, maintain and fill one...

Also limited to 6k miles and wife always on policy, taking her off added 20% despite fact she has 2 claims in 3 years on her own insurance!!

Just about to post about the same subject when I read yours. More Than : Policy 7 years, last year £720, this year received yesterday £1020 ( No crashes, no points, 7 years NCB, aged 59 box year older etc etc) What a swindle. We're paying for the lowlife uninsured chavs but I'm not having it either

Two hours reserved for research then I'm off to a better deal. Do they think we're stupid ?

[/quo

yep they said that to me as well .makes sence put the price up so more people can,t aford insurance . more people don,t insure there car . mmm an idea . put the price down so more can aford it . problem sorted . thought fokes that run insurance company where ment clever . that f--king clever there stupied . mmm bit like politicians .

I'm dreading my renewal when it comes, Had a little bump into the back of another car not much damage but had to claim for 3rd party reasons, I didn't have (never have had) protected no claims discount (NCD) and I wouldnt at these prices

"Renewal of a protected NCB of 15 years has increased from £350 to £528. "

But my 11 years NCD will now go to 3 years in one foul swoop, what I was never told was insurance only count 5 years NCD and I would lose 2 years of them for my fault claim. Doh !! look out next year.

It sounds as if it wouldnt of made much difference if I had protected NCD by the sounds of things being loaded.

"i had an none fault last year didn't even claim . the bloke that reversed into me paid for the damage.

cause i started the claim then stopped it .they doubled my insurance by loading it ."

Cant win can we !!

Guvs.

• 5 weeks later...

Kevin G

PS

Yes but you've done the right thing and voted with your feet.

Went up 30%+ last year and will rise 20%+ this year alledgedly due to claims increasingly being inflated with injury and cars hire costs. Fraudulant claims can't help either.

Most companies offer introduction and internet discounts but not a retention incentive so, even without the "natural" increase, come the second year renewal prices are higher because the discount has gone. Move, as you have done, and take advantage of the new company incentives (but expect to have to move again next year!). Plenty of posts on here on tips to reduce premiums e.g:

• add a female driver
  • correctly describe your occupation
  • keep off road but not in a garage.

Any reason why keeping it in a garage puts your premium up? Is it the risk of you clipping something when putting it in that garage?? I always thought a garage was better than on your drive?

It just another excuse. How many people actually claim having scratched their car when parking it themselves? Does it make any logical sense to park your car on show to the world rather than hiding it away?

The whole insurance business needs a good hard slap from the Government.

• 2 weeks later...

Renewal time on my 05 987 S. 40% increase from last year with AA so I started looking around. There seems to be no logic with quotes from £700 to £2600 on Go Compare, Money Supermarket, Confused etc..... Save your time! When i eventually got to Adrian Flux I was amazed! £380 with protected NCB, 40% LESS than last year's AA and no Tracker required (although fitted anyway). Needless to say I bit their hand off. :thumbsup_anim:

This thread is getting more interesting by the day, keep it up and some of us should be able to save a fair bit of cash I hope.

:thumbsup_anim:

Guvs

:)

This thread is getting more interesting by the day, keep it up and some of us should be able to save a fair bit of cash I hope.

Guvs

i was getting quotes of 680++ eventually tried footman james on classic policy limited 5k miles got it fully comp for 341.00 have to be happy with that i think :)

Adrian Flux just came in £100 cheaper than my £650 renewal, so I signed up. Which means I'm paying exactly the same as last year, which seems reasonable since nothing changed :-)

I'm stumped by the Garage thing. Admiral wanted £50 extra premium if I chose to keep my car in the garage. Which is nuts.

Just done Admiral Multicar for my Boxster S I am collecting on Thursday plus my daily driver and the missus's car. Shopped about a bit and quite happy with £445 from admiral.

They mirrored my 12 years NCB from my Saab as I am keeping that too so as a first policy I think thats good value.

Just got my rnewal quote from Liverpool Victoria and it is £6 cheaper than last year at £364. I wasn't expecting that given the gneral trend for increased premiums compared to 2010.

Just noticed that the protected no claims discount has been changed to a no claims discount guarantee which means that I can keep my discount no matter how many claims I make :bana:

Just got my rnewal quote from Liverpool Victoria and it is £6 cheaper than last year at £364. I wasn't expecting that given the gneral trend for increased premiums compared to 2010.

Just noticed that the protected no claims discount has been changed to a no claims discount guarantee which means that I can keep my discount no matter how many claims I make :bana:

Check the small prints. A big discount off a massively inflated price can result in a much higher price than a smaller discount off a competitive price. I hope I am wrong in this instance but it sounds so much like the oldest trick in the book ! :suicide_anim:

Archived