Having it all their own way

So after a year it's time to renew my insurance. The facts are we have 3 cars between 2 drivers so at any one time only a maximum of two cars can be driven. Both with the same insurance company, however, adding a third can only be based on the no claims of the third car. I understand why, what I think is unfair is that a claim in any one of the cars would have to be declared and therefore all three policies rise. This seems to me to be having ones cake and eating it...

The fact that two careful drivers who have lots of claim free years can't be taken in to account on a third car, however, if we have a claim on 1 car the increase in premium happens on all three just isn't cricket...

Rant over.... This years premium is 25% lower with no fixed miles compared with only 5k last year so it's not all bad!

Since when has the concept of 'fairness' ever applied to Insurance?

Ain't that the truth :)

Going to have to call mine soon to increase my yearly mileage limit :lol:

On a good note it means I drive the 911 more than I ever drove the Boxster :)

Yes I know it's not fair.... Just a rant to people who all probably feel the same... Got a good deal in the end sub £300 with no mileage limit so I can't complain really...

I just dont get it - The person not the car earns the no claims bonus so why when you have proven your a safe driver and earned the full bonus cant you get the same discount on another car.

Put an additional driver on the policy and you get a discount - even though the car may be on the road more than just a single driver could ever be, guess if you put a dozen drivers on the policy to ensure the car is used 24/7 the discount should be so big that they pay you each year to insure with them.

When you insure with them they ask you the value and insure you on that basis - if you then total it they offer bottom book price - why?

If you park up somewhere. leave the car and somebody bumps your car your insurrance goes up because your more likely to have another claim - your more of a risk

When you renew and have been claim free they raise your premium - but offer you it for less if you go on a comparison site as a new customer.

They claim rising prices are a result of higher costs - but sell accident details to firms so they can persuade drivers to claim personal injury and raise the value of claims.

The fine for having no insurrance is just a couple of hundred quid but young drivers pay 2K plus to insure a £50 banger TP only - and then we wonder why there are so many uninsurred drivers.

Im convinced they make it all up as they go along

Don't forget to give us a try for quotes! We have arranged exactly what you are talking about, if you have no claims bonus on one car, we can also use that for the 2nd and 3rd and 4th so on! The only time it becomes more tricky is if you have lots of fault claims.

Give me a call, 01908 271771

Kind Regards

Steve

Archived