CAR LEASING ADVICE PLEASE

HI

Work requires me to lease a car...(NOT a Boxster, sadly). Any advice on the best deals around or whom to approach for competitive prices?

Regards

R

What are your parameters? ie budget, type of car etc?

Looking for a medium sized/executive , auto, max 15000 miles pa, under £400 pm. Rather like the C Class Mercedes. Thanks

Guest twinspark

It's not a simple question - are they looking for maintained or not?

How much do you have for 'up front' costs? - bear in mind that many leases are on 3-6 months paid up front.

Is it a business lease, or are they giving you the cash in your salary to personal lease? And are they including the irrecoverable VAT element in the costings?

As an example, my 120d Sport (with some options) came in at £521 / month including irrecoverable VAT and maintenance.

Other factors to consider include:

- the duration of the lease usually 3 yrs but 4 years can bring monthly cost down,

- whether the car is new or secondhand the latter brings the monthly cost down;

- the residual value of the car. The higher the residual the less it costs.

- special offers. A company may have a deal going with a particular manufacturer.

I last leased through Oxford Vehicle Leasing but it was 9 years ago. Very convenient just to be able to drop car into the garage and have work done "free" including punctured tyres! I stopped as it wasn't tax efficient. HTH.

I think you will struggle to get a Merc quality car for £400. My A1 is about that price on a business lease, fully maintained for about 15k a year. Have a look at the usual leasing sites for a ballpark price.

• 3 weeks later...

HI

Work requires me to lease a car...(NOT a Boxster, sadly). Any advice on the best deals around or whom to approach for competitive prices?

Regards

R

Hi,

I can recommend http://www.carnoisseurleasing.com/stores/luton-dunstable

I have an new E220 2 year deal for around £360 per month inc VAT, ask for Paul Mayhew, very helpful,

Archived