Urgent matter - nowhere to put coffee

Djbox66

1 minute ago, rowbos said:

Bored?  The last post on this thread was 4 years ago 😄

Tipsy and going stir crazy,possibly a bit too long in the sun - it is my car's first birthday today,so I am allowed - I do however like to read old threads and learn things - then immediately forget them 😲

On 6/14/2016 at 9:09 PM, RickLS7 said:

This is what the facelift cupholders and centre section are like, the bits in the middle of the two cupholders drop down (couldn't find a pic of a RH drive car).  This section may be able to be retrofitted to an earlier car, you see quite a few of these centre sections up for sale now.  Maybe someone can confirm if it's possible?

DSC035901334584879.jpg

I have these in my 04... I have trouble getting them out 

21 minutes ago, CAZ said:

Tipsy and going stir crazy,possibly a bit too long in the sun - it is my car's first birthday today,so I am allowed - I do however like to read old threads and learn things - then immediately forget them 😲

You are allowed 🍸

On 6/14/2016 at 9:29 PM, topradio said:

It would probably be quite a lot of work to retrofit the later cup holders to the earlier car. The center vent would need changing to the flat bottom type and that has a different shape to the air inlet pipe. So you would also need to change the air distribution manifold and that involves taking the dash out, so while you're at it you may as well fit the later dash with a glovebox.

This ^^^^ I looked into this and its a PITA to retro fit

Only problem with the ones that clip into the vents is you can only get small cups and bottles in to them unless you are very careful.   A standard Costa or Starbuck cup does not really fit.  One benefit is if you have a can or a water bottle in them on a hot day and the a/c on, it does keep them slightly chilled. 

Archived