Bespoke 304grade stainless exhaust

Mr96er

Hey,

So the blow on my exhaust is the seam facing forwards on the backbox. Can't fix that so  I found some guys in Leeds who are making me a replacement that comes with a lifetime guarantee. Well cheaper than an original with good looks, lighter weight and hope get  sound from it that makes milk maids moist! 

Fitted on Monday, pics vid to follow..

Posted with that in mind.... Then remembered many forums frown upon promoting non site sponsors, hence not blasting out the name, also very cautious to mention them by name until I know if it's praise and exultation or a law suit followed by grid coordinates...?

There's a spot around 2.5k where it resonates but I've already found ways to drive around it. Overall it's a bit louder than I wanted, but it's got a deep tone rich and burbling that I do like ?

• 3 weeks later...

So, turned out the boom was debilitating and not really livable with, so the great guys who made it, made this! 

35FD5202-2641-431F-9874-09888575DB64_1.j

CCE8B769-7CDF-4956-A33B-254222A0CF76.jpg

Whisper quite but with a deep bass note. Perfect touring system. 

• 4 weeks later...

After 1000 miles this has bedded in beautifully and now has a rich deep tone that has drawn nothing but positive feedback. Hats off to the chaps at KelTec Performance Exhausts in Leeds. They know their stuff??

I notice that the support link for the cats is not present on the new exhaust.  Is there any problem with this?  I need to remove my silencer to fix my rattling heat shields, but the support link looks like it will disintegrate when I take it apart.

On 26/07/2016 at 10:23 PM, Loz987 said:

Loads lighter!! The old one was ridiculously well made but they took sturdy to a new level. This one is minimalist and light is good !

Well made to the point it needed replaced LOL :)

Thanks.  It's ok, I managed to cut off the nuts and will make a couple of new plates, so the support links will stay.  It was an awful job getting the silencer off though.  All the clamps had to be cut off and the retaining bolts also ground off.

I envy your skillset, I had to bow out and let the professionals make all the important moves. I just drive it... And love that sound especially between 5&6k rpm.... Weak at the knees doesn't come close. 

Moist.??

Archived