bose steroe

alank

Hi
Listened to the Bose  speaker between the seats and could not hear anything. Have only had car a while and have not really played with stereo much. Should something come out of it all the time or is their a way of having it on or off. Thanks

5 minutes ago, alank said:

Hi
Listened to the Bose  speaker between the seats and could not hear anything. Have only had car a while and have not really played with stereo much. Should something come out of it all the time or is their a way of having it on or off. Thanks

Is the headunit (radio) standard, or is it an aftermarket one?

The Bose set up has a 'subwoofer' located on the shelf behind the seats. To be honest, they should have been done for trade description infringement by calling it a subwoofer as it sounds nothing like a sub in my experience!

My 987 has Bose, if I turn the fader to the rear it sounds like a cheap radio, sound quality is awful! Even had the shelf 'subwoofer' changed under OPC warranty with very little difference. All the bass comes from the front speakers.

39 minutes ago, alank said:

the head unit is standard. thanks

In that case, I would disconnect the Bose speaker, and test with another.  You'll be able to determine if there is an output issue.

Someone might have had a non-standard stereo in at some point, and the connections may be compromised - if I recall correctly, the Bose system is MOST and so isn't compatible with an aftermarket headunit, so this may have been faffed with if the former is true.

But test the connection if you can, and work from there.

Had issue with the MOST Bose sub shelf on EDC's 986.

Tested the speaker by plugging it into my 2002 (non MOST) and it worked fine.

So I disconnected all the Most connectors in the stereo, amp and CD changer (with batt off) and reconnected them - hey presto it all worked again.

Seriously no idea, why, but thought I'd pass on the experience.

Archived