Centre console option buttons???

michelin

Apart from those listed above.......I saw only one which had cooled seats as well, the buttons were next to the heated seat buttons........although in a 987 I assume they are still available on the 981...???

981 centre consol buttons below the gear stick are:

Left: Sport, Sport Plus, PASM, PSM, blank

Right: Spoiler, PSE, Auto Stop/Start, blank, blank

I don't think there are any (current) options that would use the remaining three slots (I don't think either Torque Vectoring or Power Steering Plus can be switched off?) 

Seat Ventilation switches are above the gearstick, next to the Seat Heating.

5 hours ago, Jon61 said:

981 centre consol buttons below the gear stick are:

Left: Sport, Sport Plus, PASM, PSM, blank

Right: Spoiler, PSE, Auto Stop/Start, blank, blank

I don't think there are any (current) options that would use the remaining three slots (I don't think either Torque Vectoring or Power Steering Plus can be switched off?) 

Seat Ventilation switches are above the gearstick, next to the Seat Heating.

Yep thats correct I have all 7 and there is no  more ;)

Yes, its funny that they made the console with obvious blank switch slots but you can't buy an option that would fill the gap!

Most manufacturers have a cleaver way of disguising that there are options that have not been specified by making different panels that have no obvious spare unallocated spaces. 

15 minutes ago, topradio said:

Yes, its funny that they made the console with obvious blank switch slots but you can't buy an option that would fill the gap!

The blanks are probably there ready for the Boxster hybrid! :lol:

The remaining 3 options are;

- Ejector seat 

- Lasers

- Smoke screen

Only available  at Porsche Vauxhall

That said the GT4 has a couple of funky buttons bottom left of the panel. Not sure what they're for...disable traction etc?

15 hours ago, topradio said:

It's Porsche marketing strategy to ensure vain Boxster owners still feel inferior to 911 owners - it's daily psychological pressure to "upgrade".

1 hour ago, Simo_UK said:

That said the GT4 has a couple of funky buttons bottom left of the panel. Not sure what they're for...disable traction etc?

Yes, Stability Control off, and Stability+Traction Control both off. But that means you lose the combined PSM button, so even GT4 owners are left with button envy

Archived