Sleep mode

moneypit

• 2 months later...
On 15/09/2016 at 2:48 PM, jollop said:

You don't need to put the key in at all on a 987.  Just, while locked, lift the drivers door handle then release - this wakes the car up.  Then unlock with the button on the key as usual.

^^^^^ This....

• 3 years later...
11 hours ago, bwjc88 said:

I have a different "sleep" problem.  My 1999 Porsche Boxster goes to sleep after about 20 minutes.  How do I get the car to stay awake longer---say 5 days?

Bryan

About 5 days would be the norm for a 986.  Guess there is another underlying issue.  Maybe needs a 'Handover' routine running on PIWIS (at a an Official Porsche Centre or Porsche independent) to set everything back to initial conditions.  @Richard Hamilton ??  I don't believe that a Durametric can do this but I'm happy to be corrected.

4 hours ago, ½cwt said:

About 5 days would be the norm for a 986.  Guess there is another underlying issue.  Maybe needs a 'Handover' routine running on PIWIS (at a an Official Porsche Centre or Porsche independent) to set everything back to initial conditions.  @Richard Hamilton ??  I don't believe that a Durametric can do this but I'm happy to be corrected.

I agree.  It should be 5 days.  Do the interior lights work OK?  i.e. do they fade in/out when you open/close the door, or do they only work when the ignition key is in?  That's a sign it has slipped into "Transit" mode, and needs the handover routine running with a PST2 or PIWIS (preferably PIWIS1).

I'm glad this topic has come up. I thought I was imagining things when mine occasionally goes to "sleep". 

😄 I'm not going mad! Well not in this case.....

Archived