replacement door latches

mckennas

Gents

I purchased a replacement new door latch off ebay, and when i went to replace it after much cursing, i found that the new one is 9 pins and mine is 8 pins, i am having trouble finding a reasonably priced replacement.

I have searched these forums as i was sure i had read that there is a vw unit which is a direct replacement, but i cannot find it ! was i dreaming ? or is there a replacement unit available not from porsche ?

Thanks in advance

Steve

If you do the driver's side, make sure it has the key slot on the replacement.

Sounds straightforward, but you can end up with a European one, which will be the passenger side, thus no key slot

be warned, I purchased one of the £25 quid jobbies for my passenger side and it does not work exactly the same !

When the doors self lock, say after you've popped the trunk/frunk, this cheap replacement does NOT LOCK it remains unlocked !

• 5 weeks later...
On 03/10/2016 at 0:54 PM, cj225 said:

If you do the driver's side, make sure it has the key slot on the replacement.

Sounds straightforward, but you can end up with a European one, which will be the passenger side, thus no key slot

Wish I had read this BEFORE I ordered mine on eBay it said for the right side but have no idea if it has a key slot?

14 hours ago, John2000 said:

Wish I had read this BEFORE I ordered mine on eBay it said for the right side but have no idea if it has a key slot?

I bought mine from mainland Europe, which was probably the reason why (Latvia I think) so as long as you've bought from a UK seller it should be OK

1 hour ago, cj225 said:

I bought mine from mainland Europe, which was probably the reason why (Latvia I think) so as long as you've bought from a UK seller it should be OK

Just checked the sellers location, he is from London, phew.

Here's hoping.

Just bought two CO2 sensors on eBay because I'm getting a P1126 error, normally they sell for £75 these are £29 each hope they work but worth a try.

2 hours ago, John2000 said:

Just checked the sellers location, he is from London, phew.

Here's hoping.

Just bought two CO2 sensors on eBay because I'm getting a P1126 error, normally they sell for £75 these are £29 each hope they work but worth a try.

Check all through for vacuum leaks too. My oil filler tube was cracked and I also upgraded the filler cap too, for the sake of it. Think it was about £30 for both

Archived