tires

alank

Hi looking for a couple of rear 265/35/18. Has any one got experience with avon ZZ5's which I am considering, or Continental Contact 3,

or any other recommendations in the £140 range.  Thanks

1 hour ago, PaulQ said:

A little over your budget, but the pilot sport 4 is 157 quid fitted at Kwik fit. Doubt you will find better for the money.

These will be infinitely better than the Avons.

Last time I ran Avon's on a car it was the ZV3's which on the rear of a Vectra SRI went egg shaped & caused unbearable noise like a wheel bearing failing.

Hi Alan, mine came with ZZ5s on it, they rode ok and lasted nearly 20k. I swapped to PS2s all around, the PSs rode better, not smoother just seemed better and had another 10% improvement in grip around familiar corners. the downside of the grip seems to be the wear, after 7k i need some new rears.

Coopers

So far so good on the Avon. 

i've only had a quick go with them but they seem to be pretty good round the corners and let you spin them a bit better as well. With the Michelin i used to get a definable limit which was very sharp whereas the Avon work up to it more allowing you to play a bit more. 

I haven't really properly scrubbed them in yet so don't know how they're going to be but initial impressions are good. They also ride better than the Michelin as an added bonus.

Archived