Happy Days

3 hours ago, boxsternoob56 said:

the following are from the Porsche 'Good to Know' app

HTH

IMG_5039.png

IMG_5040.png

IMG_5041.png

IMG_5042.png

Aye, I'm getting all this. Went to a mountain drive tonight. The hold function works as everyone has described, but only on really steep slopes, and not at all while facing downhill. 

The VW system (part of the Porsche family) works like a dream. I was expecting the 718 to do the same. I mean FFS why can auto stop not work with hold? That's basic stuff. 

Like really Porsche? On a 60k+ car?

Mine's in for a repair - radio stopped working, so I have a loan car with PDK. Now, the hold function works on that one the way I would have expected it to. Good firm press on the pedal and the dash lights up HOLD in green. Absolutely perfect. Pity the manual isn't the same. And the demo vehicles all have PDK in Belfast, so the original test drive behaved as I would have expected it to.

33 minutes ago, Happy Days said:

Mine's in for a repair - radio stopped working, so I have a loan car with PDK. Now, the hold function works on that one the way I would have expected it to. Good firm press on the pedal and the dash lights up HOLD in green. Absolutely perfect. Pity the manual isn't the same. And the demo vehicles all have PDK in Belfast, so the original test drive behaved as I would have expected it to.

Maybe worth entwining it to them whilst they've got you manual in for repair? Get them to road test it to check it's as it should be?

Archived