Name that wheel...

BoxsterSi

Definitely look like a Rinspeed replica.

They have a bit more of a 'soft' look to them, almost like a TSW/Fox wheel (but bought that they are).

Found these on my travels..  Love this style of wheel - if only I had no common sense/more money...

1.jpg

http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/wheel/?wheel=bola_b5_ss

23 minutes ago, cj225 said:

They have a bit more of a 'soft' look to them, almost like a TSW/Fox wheel (but bought that they are).

Found these on my travels..  Love this style of wheel - if only I had no common sense/more money...

1.jpg

Nice. Love the more retro look wheels. These remind me of the early Alfa wheels.

Looks a lot like a wheelmainia Dare alloy, although I haven't seen them for ages.

It does look like the Kahn Rsr and if it is it will be stamped on the back.

Wheel mainia use to  sell a lot of replica alloys and they use to do Kahn replicas as genuine Kahn alloys are very expensive.

It maybe easier to measure your centre badges and try and replace all four of them. If you find the centres to be an odd size compared of what's for sale that can also be a give away of replica alloys.

I remember years ago people buying the replica golf gti alloys but trying to fit the oem centres but they didn't fit!

I had similar with some replica Audi TT alloys but I managed to mod the original centre caps to fit.

But even so with a bit of research on the net you should find something to fit.

Very nice looking wheel and car by the way?

11 hours ago, BoxsterSi said:

Unfortunately the centres are 58mm so the Porsche caps don't fit

You could get generic caps and Porsche decals to fit.

Just one thing as a fellow wheelophile, Khan alloys always tend to either have the "K" logo or "K H A N" somewhere on the face of the wheel.

Lovely looking car btw.

9 hours ago, cj225 said:

1.jpg

Don't ever buy Bola wheels. They're cheap knock offs of Rotiform which are basically cheap knock offs of OE wheels. They weigh a ridiculous amount as well.

10 hours ago, That986 said:

You could get generic caps and Porsche decals to fit.

Just one thing as a fellow wheelophile, Khan alloys always tend to either have the "K" logo or "K H A N" somewhere on the face of the wheel.

Lovely looking car btw.

Cheers, I do love this car. Awesome fun to drive and once the exhaust mod is done it should sound fantastic as well. I did notice that there was a weird symbol on the wheels and always wondered what it was as it looked a bit like an arrow. Now I know that it's actually a Letter K. D'oh!!!!

12 hours ago, BoxsterSi said:

Cheers, I do love this car. Awesome fun to drive and once the exhaust mod is done it should sound fantastic as well. I did notice that there was a weird symbol on the wheels and always wondered what it was as it looked a bit like an arrow. Now I know that it's actually a Letter K. D'oh!!!!

Good find then and genuinely rare, nice.

Archived