Name that wheel...

BoxsterSi

Hi all

This is my first post on the forum although I've been reading many of the posts for quite a while to help with my decision to buy a Boxster.

I've recently bought a gorgeous 2003 Boxster S, which is in overall sulerb condition except for the wheels which are looking pretty tatty. I'd booked them in for a refurb with Lepsons but I'm missing one of the centre caps and surprisingly Lepsons tell me that they can't source replacements for me. I don't really want to spend a few hundred quid to still have a missing centre cap so I was hoping that someone here may be able to help identify the wheels so that I can go to the manufacturer to order a replacement.

I've attached a couple of photos.

I've also got the car booked in for the exhaust bypass mod at Powerspeed in Ashford next week so will let people know how giod a job they do as for anyone in Kent it's much closer than Hayward and Scott and a lot cheaper.

Cheers Simon

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Welcome

Nice car but those wheels :o very Audi TT'ish 

Did it come with original wheels or do you actually like them? Not trying to be condescending but i do not believe they are not boxster items if your not already aware. I may be very wrong :)

Whats the spec and history on the car anyway as it looks very tidy from the photo 

also add yourself to the members map if you havent already

congrats on adding the photo by the way many people have issues with that

7 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Welcome

Nice car but those wheels :o very Audi TT'ish 

Did it come with original wheels or do you actually like them? Not trying to be condescending but i do not believe they are not boxster items if your not already aware. I may be very wrong :)

Didn't come with the originals but I actually quite like them. They look very similar to the RUF wheels.

6 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Whats the spec and history on the car anyway as it looks very tidy from the photo 

also add yourself to the members map if you havent already

congrats on adding the photo by the way many people have issues with that

Spec is pretty standard although has a genuine GT3 front apron and side skirts and has been lowered. It's done 72k miles and drives superb. Interior is immaculate. Drove and looked at a few dogs before finding this one! Will add myself to the members map if I can figure that out!

6 minutes ago, Sedgy said:

They could be Techart alloys

Thanks for that. Will have a look on their website.

Cheers for all the help. I see a few people on here are into bikes as well. Come the summer I'll be splitting my time between the Porsche and a Ducati Monster 821 stripe.

Simon

11 minutes ago, boxtaboy said:

They look like RUF wheels. Very expensive unless they are copies. 

79D326DF-AA91-4788-A372-D09838FA4DFB_zps

I would imagine that they're copies as they're not quite identical. Driving me mad not being able to finish them off. It's like having everything in a straight line and then one thing crooked.

8 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Welcome Simon.  That's a very smart looking Boxster.  Has it been lowered?

Thanks Daniel. Yep it's been lowered. Not sure by how much but it's a very firm ride.

Then you must be informed that photo of your bike is mandatory in the show us ya bike thread :)

maybe powdercoat the wheels black for contrasting colour :) But if you like them them, then thats what matters. Nonetheless, great car. 

57 minutes ago, boxtaboy said:

They look like RUF wheels. 

That was my first thought - especially as it looks like they are strengthened behind the spokes.  The proportions don't look quite right though, so I'll have a look around to see what I can find...

6 minutes ago, Araf said:

That was my first thought - especially as it looks like they are strengthened behind the spokes.  The proportions don't look quite right though, so I'll have a look around to see what I can find...

Cheers Araf, much appreciated. Simon

8 minutes ago, 89rallye said:

looked like kahn rims to me or a copy off, nice car by the way

www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?185345-17-quot-5-spoke-Kahn-Rims-%A380

That looks like them. Perfect! Now to try and find out if I can get the centres. Cheers

7 minutes ago, 89rallye said:

Winner winner chicken dinner. I think they look like the Kahn wheels (which look like RUF knockoffs). :)

22 minutes ago, 89rallye said:

Good call. B)   Certainly looks like the RS-R on this page.

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/kahn_design_alloys

Archived