Passenger door membrane

big mike

20 minutes ago, big mike said:

Cheers guys and thanks for the video link,

i had a link to new clips saved on my favourites but list it somehow,would anyone have an idea where to get clips for replacing knackered ones

A quick search on flebay will give you your answer :-)

In the process of doing friends leaking passenger door (in bits no seats & carpets being dried currently) & have gone for some PVC foam tape reccomended on another thread somewhere (I think its from RS components but will find out).

None of the video guides I have seen actually show the membrane being removed.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I've followed the clips on this thread and found them very useful in removing my 987 passenger door card to trace a leak that caused the "carpet" trim at the bottom of the door to be drenched during last weekend's heavy rain. I've resealed the membrane joint that was defective with silicone and replaced all the plastic locking rivets. Reassembly 'appears' to be straightforward, just the reverse of taking it apart.

However,   I traced the leak using a hosepipe directed against the outside of the passenger door window. When it rains again, as it surely will, water will run down from the exterior window surface into the interior of the door. How does that water drain out? I can see rubber "grommets" and a square to "tape?" on the bottom of the door sealing holes but no sign of drains. Where should I be looking? because as it stands the inside of the door will slowly fill up with water???

Archived