number plate plynth

89rallye

Hi was just wondering if anyone can help me on this one, i purchased a number plate plynth thinking that would cover any holes drilled by previous owners but whoever put the last number plate on the front drilled it in the corners and now i am left with the holes, i will be painting the bumper at some stage but was wondering would a 987 plynth or even a later models be a bit longer to cover the sins.

thanks

986 plinths are smaller than a standard UK plate width, which is silly. I run a slightly smaller plate that is a touch smaller than the plinth.

In your position, i'd just get the whole bumper flushed before painting. Then stick the plate on with no plinth or a little bracket.

997.2 is also a larger size plinth than the 986, smaller than a uk plate but hardly notices conmpared to the Boxster one. I found out the hard way after getting a custom size plate the same size as the Boxster one.

They all look so much better with a plate the same size as the plinth. My Boxster one even got recognised at the Channel Tunnel but the number plate recognition so all good there too.

Archived