Simply Exhausting

Mr96er

Last couple of weekends I have had a problem with my custom tail pipe. It was made for lightness and stealthy quietness. It scored big on both but a rubber bobbin mount had failed twice, most recently while out on a BoXa.net run. I had a local chappy lash it up good style but the strain of the back box hanging unsupported had hurt the front of the cats where the metal is thin. 

I dropped the car off last night, as my exhaust came with a lifetime guarantee, and this morning, the clever chaps have put two flex sections of pipe in situ and have created two additional rubberized support outer brackets.Combined with the repaired cracked pipe before the Cat this makes for a seriously quiet quick car. 

Looking forward to the weekend and a little road test B)

Good job we took it steady on the way back, or I might have blown the Cat link pipe quite far from home :(

As it is, she is now super smooth and I'd be curious to see how much power has been restored :) 

I used to have a cheap Caterham imitation, with a Cherry Bomb (remember them?!) sidepipe out the passenger side. The mount just in front of the rear arch cracked in various iterations. I guess it was the constant vibration (and not my occasional passengers using it as a footplate).

Archived