Identify codes

big mike

@big mike, you really don't want to advertise your vin in full on the internet.  Some low-life will clone it.  Please change your picture to one with the last 6 digits on the top row removed.

BTW, L92U is Arctic Silver and Boxster Red interior - which was a special and expensive interior colour.

4 hours ago, Araf said:

@big mike, you really don't want to advertise your vin in full on the internet.  Some low-life will clone it.  Please change your picture to one with the last 6 digits on the top row removed.

Never thought bud, tried to remove the pic but couldn't. Can you explain how to remove it

2 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Click on "Options". Delete the whole post, then repost with edited picture?

Difficult as his is the first post.  I'll sort it for you @big mike :)

19 minutes ago, big mike said:

What does the "MA" after the L92U mean?

The MA is for Boxster Red interior. :)

38 minutes ago, big mike said:

Someone mentione Dynamixs and looking at their kits the Boxster red has (MC/MB) after it?

MA was the code for Boxster Red in 1999 and I have found that MC was the code for Boxster Red in 2001, so expect MB to be the code for MY2000 :)

Sorry to hijack thread but to save starting a new one.....
When I bought mine, there was no white sticker under the bonnet, just the residue of glue and paper where it once was. 
Is there anywhere I can find all the info that was once on there?
Thanks...

1 hour ago, T911UK said:

You do know every VIN is visible from outside the car?

True, of course, but if you're referring to @Araf's warning about posting the full VIN on here, there's a world of difference between having it visible to people who might happen to walk by the car and the whole of the web, IMHO.  That said,  I'm surprised that Porsche publish the VIN for each car on their Approved Used site!

8 hours ago, sential said:

When I bought mine, there was no white sticker under the bonnet, just the residue of glue and paper where it once was. 
Thanks...

If you send an e-mail to Porsche UK, quoting your registration number and VIN and attaching a pdf copy of the first two pages of your V5 to confirm your ownership (yes, I know it doesn't!) they will send you the full list of of the factory options fitted to your car (not the codes, the actual options!).  The e-mail address is:

Customer.Assistance@porsche.co.uk

8 hours ago, sential said:

Thanks...

You should have a copy in the first few pages of your log book 

8 hours ago, Southy said:

You should have a copy in the first few pages of your log book 

Service book. ;)

12 hours ago, sential said:

Have a big box on page 4 of the service book headed vehicle identification.. Unfortunately it's empty, nothings ever been written or stamped in there :(
I'll send them an email...

That's where a label would usually be stuck.  They've stopped doing it now, so think of your car being ahead of the game. :)

All you can so is contact Porsche and ask them for the original build spec for the car then, or if you are a member of PCGB they will give you a certificate with it all on.

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Chriswright03 said:

Just had a look at the codes for mine and realise now that someone hasn't removed the Boxster S badge form the boot as it was a factory delete option!

It could have been added by a subsequent owner. 

Archived