Is the standard exhaust a problem?

TV8

You may get 20bhp but only if used in combination with sports cats, equal length manifolds, larger throttle body and intake, and a remap. There are plenty of exaggerated bhp claims out there for products. If they were accurate claims and you added all the parts to your car you'd get +100bhp. ;)

4 minutes ago, edc said:

Have you seen the sound clips thread I started in the exhausts section? 

Not yet, but I have seen a couple of other clips on here. The switchable system sounds good but a bit steep! 

I actually need to hear mine properly yet and take it from there.

It could be that I keep the Boxster standard and go for the final warning ASBO on the Tiv but want something noisy back in my life!

It really comes down how much you want to spend and also if your a fan of exhaust drone.

A lot of the cheaper exhausts are from China despite what the Porsche shop claims and some of them sound awful!

I m in the process of trying to improve the sound on my 987 on a budget. If you have a look in members rides you will find it, I've taken the bypass option. I m trying this route as I had a bypass mod on my 986 and it sounded great and didn't cost a fortune.

If I had a spare £600-£800 I would definitely go for one of Gerts GT back boxes, they sound awesome with no droan and you keep the factory look ? 

Archived