Colchester OPC

martyn

Thought I would share with you guys my recent trip today back to Colchester Porsche, I have had the car for more than 3 months, and had noticed 2 issues that I wasn't happy with, namely a scratch on the spoiler and the rear boot lid plastic latch cowling that was heavily scratched.

Decided as the weather is nice to have a drive to the aforementioned OPC and chance my arm about the faults (to be fair as I've left it so long I couldn't moan if they said no), spoke to Rob the guy who sold me the car, he didn't hesitate, fixed the new replacement cowling himself?

As for the scratch, he pointed out they could get it repaired but the whole spoiler would need a respray and there might be a mild colour match issue, all for a small scratch, anyway he said to think about it and if I wanted it done they would do it. ( I only mentioned the spoiler as a afterthought)! Great customer service.

So it's nice to be able to report a positive response from them, credit where it's due eh!

4 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

Fair play to them. That's what we'd like to expect from them.

I wouldn't be too worried about the colour match if they're using an approved tried and testing body shop. They should be able to do a 99.9% flawless job.

Thanks Jason, re the colour match, has anyone on here a supporting or non supporting viewpoint? 

6 hours ago, martyn said:

Thanks Jason, re the colour match, has anyone on here a supporting or non supporting viewpoint? 

I just had the OPC respray my whole rear bumper. Looks great. If the body shop is any good there shouldn't be any issues. 

7 hours ago, martyn said:

Hi @martyn. With a relatively new car,  there should be no fading to the paintwork,  so no colour match issue. 

I had a good experience at my first service with OPC Colchester last October.  Very pleasant and quietly efficient, called me when they said they would etc.   I will be returning.

• 1 month later...

Quick update, finally got the spoiler resprayed, thanks for the advice guys, colour match perfect, that's it all done.?

Brilliant service, bought car in November 16  and in April of the next year, they are happy to pick up cost of small respray.

Thanks to Rob at Colchester OPC?

Had my front bumper sprayed a couple of months ago by Porsche Colchester (Witham) and to be honest I cant see any difference and think its a greeat job.

I even asked for some additional paint in a pot for touch ups - not that I think I would ever do it.

My car is dark metallic blue if that helps.

Archived