Air Con Condensors Mobile fitter

Toddie

Just wondered if anyone on here in the Midlands has used a company called Roadchill for replacement of Air/con condensors and regas?  He lists his services on eBay with 100% feedback and 1423 sales see here   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252844439912?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Compared to local specialsts this is a big saving.

What do people think?

Just discovered that my brother has used this guy for renewing air con condenser on his wife's Peugot, so I am going to book in to get it done on my 986S . I will report back when done.

• 2 weeks later...

Car now booked in for the 27th April for 2 new condensers and dryer and regas.  i will let you know how it goes.

He defo does the 986 condensers, that's what we are going for! He recommends changing the dryer/evaporater as well , which is another £30. 

I've been out to visit this guy today tonight and it turns out one of my condensers has a major leak, if youre in the Derbyshire area i'd highly recommend him, very knowledgeable of Porsche condensers (had a couple of new Caymen condensers in his workshop) and in my case found the fault within 10 minutes.

He'll replace both and the drier for £350 all in.

http://www.mistercool.co.uk/porsche_condensers.asp

Okay, so new condensers and dryer fitted fitted yesterday, really top service very professional.

Stripped old condensers out which were original from 02, cleaned scary amount of cr*p out from between the cooling rads and the condensers then fitted new ones made by Nissens, oiled all connections with the same oil he puts in the system. Pressure tested the system with Nitrogen to 192.5 PSI and sprayed all connections with soapy leak detecter, the waited for 15 mins to see if any leaks showed up or pressure dropped on his meter. All clear so then he vacuumed out the system whilst we refitted the front bumper. He then added some oil, then he re-gassed with 800gms of gas. Then tested it for coolness which was 4.9C at the vents on his digital thermometer.

The work was meant to be done on my brothers drive but it was raining so Peter went out of his way to come and collect me and i followed him back to his where the work was done in his garage. He even helped me fit the Zunsport grills that i bought from @stev06 on here. I would highly recommend Roadchill to anyone interested in having re-gassing or condensers changed.

1 hour ago, Toddie said:

Okay, so new condensers and dryer fitted fitted yesterday, really top service very professional.

Stripped old condensers out which were original from 02, cleaned scary amount of cr*p out from between the cooling rads and the condensers then fitted new ones made by Nissens, oiled all connections with the same oil he puts in the system. Pressure tested the system with Nitrogen to 192.5 PSI and sprayed all connections with soapy leak detecter, the waited for 15 mins to see if any leaks showed up or pressure dropped on his meter. All clear so then he vacuumed out the system whilst we refitted the front bumper. He then added some oil, then he re-gassed with 800gms of gas. Then tested it for coolness which was 4.9C at the vents on his digital thermometer.

The work was meant to be done on my brothers drive but it was raining so Peter went out of his way to come and collect me and i followed him back to his where the work was done in his garage. He even helped me fit the Zunsport grills that i bought from @stev06 on here. I would highly recommend Roadchill to anyone interested in having re-gassing or condensers changed.

nice. its not a difficult job so its good to see someone is charging a reasonable price

Archived