Drivers side electric window

Leonard

Probably a silly question.. but is the drivers side electric window 'smooth' in operation ie it isnt supposed to drop in stages is it?

Mine seems to drop in 3 inch intervals unless I hold button down and then it seems to begrudgingly go all the way down.

If it is faulty is it just a case of cleaning the switch or shall I just take it into OPC as its under warranty

Thanks for any assistance in advance!

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Probably a silly question.. but is the drivers side electric window 'smooth' in operation ie it isnt supposed to drop in stages is it?

Mine seems to drop in 3 inch intervals unless I hold button down and then it seems to begrudgingly go all the way down.

If it is faulty is it just a case of cleaning the switch or shall I just take it into OPC as its under warranty

Thanks for any assistance in advance!

Definitely faulty, IMHO.  Mine are both equally smooth all the way up and down.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Definitely faulty, IMHO.  Mine are both equally smooth all the way up and down.

Great thank you :)

Gives me the opportunity to check out my local OPC I guess!

3 hours ago, Greenman said:

Is you passenger side the same?  If not that's the clue!;)

I thought it might be a special feature :D:P

So do I go Sheffield or Notts....

I've been impressed by Notts in my recent dealings but that's mainly sales related and as always salesmen are charming when they want your money! ?

13 hours ago, Jonny A said:

I've been impressed by Notts in my recent dealings but that's mainly sales related and as always salesmen are charming when they want your money! ?

I was erring towards Notts do will give them a try first. If I do want a new car anytime then good to try the Sales and after Sales service out beforehand :)

Mine was a bit sticky for the passenger side button of the two. Stripped cleaned, sorted. Probably where the water drips down from the roof when getting in and out on a rainy day. 

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

PS what are you looking at...? :)

Hi. I've ordered a 718 with delivery in Sept. The hardest part is waiting and not adding to the, already full, extras that I've specced. 

4 hours ago, Jonny A said:

Hi. I've ordered a 718 with delivery in Sept. The hardest part is waiting and not adding to the, already full, extras that I've specced. 

Ahhh of course sorry. Didn't know you were local. I'm over Matloçk way. Look forward to seeing the new car sometime

1 hour ago, Simo_UK said:

I've also had to have the driver side windows switch panel replaced.  The operation was smooth, but the 'one-click' press wasn't.

Warranty claim all the way @Leonard

Awesome cheers for info! Wonder if they order in and do whilst I wait... Most places seem to want to assess the obvious problem first...

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Ahhh of course sorry. Didn't know you were local. I'm over Matloçk way. Look forward to seeing the new car sometime

Sounds like a plan, a late summer meet would be a nice introduction. I'll keep my eyes open early Sept for a meet. 

Archived