Missing places on Sat Nav

Araf

Tomorrow, I have to visit an active RAF base.  It's not in the sat nav.  The road outside is not in the sat nav.

After the Baedeker Raids of 1942, do you think we're still keeping defence secrets from the Germans?

Google have colour photographs of the area - but they're American, so allies.

Back in 2010, we spent a month in Westport, County Mayo, on the west coast of Ireland.  Achill Island, which connects to the mainland by a bridge, did not feature at all on my Garmin.  Consequently, it thought we were driving in the Atlantic and got very confused, warning us to "turn around when safe to do so".  I assume they've fixed this omission by now.

1 hour ago, Araf said:

Tomorrow, I have to visit an active RAF base.  It's not in the sat nav.  The road outside is not in the sat nav.

After the Baedeker Raids of 1942, do you think we're still keeping defence secrets from the Germans?

Your maps were updated by MoD over the air following the vote for Brexit.

You personally will be quite affected, as every time you drive near the ferry terminal at Dover it will tell you "Turn around where possible".

1 hour ago, thanatoid said:

Well... was it a 'German' car then eh?

No, mine was made in Finland, but just as 39-45 there has recently been great collaboration between the Germans and Finns. ;) 

Archived