Service additions

Stark

So my Stealer called as I expected them to saying I needed;

New spark plugs £400

Power Steering Belt change £275

Air Filter £280

Drainage holes cleared for roof £65

I mentioned to him the car had a major service when I purchased it from them 8 months ago so plugs must have been done. He said he'd have to check and 10 mins later he said yes they had so no need. Beggars belief they nearly got an extra £400 for no need.

Going to go down Indy root on other stuff.

Never thought of that, I got mine 9 months ago from an OPC And shopping for services right now, I wonder if they did the plugs… I'm guessing not

look like the 4 year service is now £1,500 quid instead of the advertised price of 620 quid.  There is a lot of optional stuff that doesn't seem optional to me ??

Air filters are part of the standard major service,  that plug change price is way above typical price.  Power steering belt?**  It's an electric system, there is no belt?  Have they got the wrong car?   Phone another dealer and see other thread here talking about major service costs. 

** the drive belt is supposed to be checked at 4 years but only changed if required, check should cost £50ish.

13 minutes ago, Greenman said:

** the drive belt is supposed to be checked at 4 years but only changed if required, check should cost £50ish.

I've just been quoted £87 to have this check done at Sheffield OPC.....despite the service blurb saying a polyrib belt check is done as part of the major service....

He just admitted he's wrong and realised. It's the belt for the alternator etc.

This guy is just over from BMW and accidentally answered the phone as Sytner!!!

1 hour ago, CMA said:

I've just been quoted £87 to have this check done at Sheffield OPC.....despite the service blurb saying a polyrib belt check is done as part of the major service....

I know someone else a while ago got this done 'inclusive' in the service price.  The poly rib belt check should be included but I think there must be an additional 'drive belt' that maybe isn't accessed in the same way and maybe needs other things removing to check?.   I would certainly query why it costs £87 to check this if the engine covers are already off.

2 minutes ago, Greenman said:

I know someone else a while ago got this done 'inclusive' in the service price.  The poly rib belt check should be included but I think there must be an additional 'drive belt' that maybe isn't accessed in the same way and maybe needs other things removing to check?.   I would certainly query why it costs £87 to check this if the engine covers are already off.

Check my reply here, bottom line is it IS included.....must be a nice little earner for them. There is only one belt too, called the drive belt in the WSM and is a polyrib style belt....

Sorry yeh, didn't see other thread 1st, all covered there.  I agree it's a bit of a farce.  Though if you look in the Porsche service guide it does mention a 'drive belt' check being required at additional cost, but as you say, if there is only one belt (which I agree I think there is) then it must be the inclusive 'polyrib check'. Certainly something for others not be be caught by.

Guys what is an Interim Service?

Is it a service and an oil change?

Is an break fluid change within this?

Dealer are saying they have done a brake oil change too. Why would they do that when it wasn't asked or mentioned.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Guys what is an Interim Service?

Is it a service and an oil change?

Is an break fluid change within this?

Dealer are saying they have done a brake oil change too. Why would they do that when it wasn't asked or mentioned.

It's an optional one that you usually do every 2 years, they sound like a nightmare to deal with mate.  They should have asked.

Brake fluid change recommended for every two years, yet not included in standard prices or either interim or major service.  In the USA they seem to get additional oil changes so an oil service is simply an oil/filter change. An interim service also changes pollen/cabin filter and does various checks, major service then adds air filters and other checks.  Spark plugs recommended at 4 year intervals but price not included as standard service item.

Archived