Keeping the hood clean - how?

Rav

Ive been using the Boxster S to commute to and from work. Work car park is outside and under trees.

I have noticed that the hood picks up loads of pollen, fluff and general crud. On leaving in the evening sometimes i have a white fluffy hood and even a blast at a high level of knots doesnt remove this. I have been hoovering this off the roof, but last week managed to drop the hoover onto the car.

Is there any way of stopping this from happening? I seem to think that it has got worse since I cleaned the hood with AG hood cleaner and protector. Is this stuff sticky?

Im going to have to invest in a Henry, i was using an upright vax to clean the hood and it fell off the stool i had placed it on. Not keen on repeating this faux pas.

14 minutes ago, Rav said:

Im going to have to invest in a Henry, i was using an upright vax to clean the hood and it fell off the stool i had placed it on. Not keen on repeating this faux pas.

I wouldn't be without one in the garage.  The Henry comes with a stiff upholstery brush which is effective at removing debris that is inclined to "stick" to the roof fabric. It's shown bottom-right in this picture (and attaches to the piece shown bottom-centre):

AcmJS67.jpg

This brush is also useful for cleaning the boot carpet.  (Why is car boot carpet always made out if stuff like Velcro in the way it holds onto bits of debris? :mad:)

Hope this is helpful. :)

18 hours ago, Rav said:

I have been hoovering this off the roof, but last week managed to drop the hoover onto the car.

I'd be more worried about walking on the roof to push the hoover?

Found a Henry for £58! Thanks for the help.

Archived