What a difference a ball joint makes!

Mr96er

I'd been getting an intermittent squeak from my front end and put it down to the polybushes. I apologise unreservedly as this was utter ballcocks!! 

My control arm was worn at the ball joint and creaking badly as it moved around in its socket. A little inspection from Neil at NWS (Leeds) showed play in the wheel that even I could feel. 

3C555BA2-9898-479F-9D0E-E95F5C51C9A2.jpg

Finally able to use the "crazy99" discount code at ECP I got my £122 control arm for £67.50 on click and collect. It took Neil 45 minutes or so to exchange the items and then to my surprise the steering wheel which had been 10-15 degrees off centre since I had the alignment done, a year ago... was suddenly straight. 

Does this mean the control arm issue had been present through the entire period and wasn't even picked up in at Mot time? 

Anyway, just so happy to have even better steering now. If it was a quick car before? Imagine the possibilities now!! 

Tomorrow it gets a shakedown run on the Strines. If it feels off, I'll expedite the alignment. I suspect however, it will never have felt better! 

7 minutes ago, Loz987 said:

Tomorrow it gets a shakedown run on the Strines. If it feels off, I'll expedite the alignment. I suspect however, it will never have felt better! 

I can this coming on

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, EXY said:

Any wonder CENTRE GRAVITY gets such a good reputation :)

I just wish he came to Norn Iron.

They day has not come yet when I want to send my Porsche to Coventry.:huh:

18 hours ago, Loz987 said:

They day has not come yet when I want to send my Porsche to Coventry.:huh:

Too true, little point in having a communicative chassis if no one is allowed to speak to it ;)

Archived