Lost display cluster info after cruise cntrl retrofit

chipmunk

I had a cruise control retrofitted to my 2007 987.1 3.4S today by my local Porsche dealer which involved a complete new set of stalks (all 4).  Everything seems fine except the instrument cluster no longer displays the navigation or cd/radio info - only average speed, fuel consumption and distance to empty.  The car has a PCM 2.1 system installed.  I have looked through all the menu options on the PCM and on the cluster but can't see anything that needs to be selected to regain these functions.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Interestingly the indicators now flash 4/5 times if I push the stalk gently, rather than fully depessing it for a turn (hope this makes sense).  I am hoping that the loss of display is not linked to the new stalk cluster in some way.  I think I'll call them and tell them to hang onto the old ones for the time being ...

1 minute ago, Richard Hamilton said:

They didn't code it properly when they coded the instrument cluster.   Bl**dy amateurs!  :lol:

Are these programmable items in the instrument display settings then?  ie nothing that I can do without the tester unit?

OK thanks guys.  I wanted the cruise control but I am not sure I am prepared to give up my instrument satnav display for it.  Glad that's all it is.  A bit anoying though really - one of the reasons I went to my local OPC was to get it done right the first time ...

I fitted cruise myself and like you I took it to my OPC to code it. Worked a treat except the roof was as dead as a dead thing?

Took it back and the to*ser told me it couldn't have worked before then??

I asked (quite loudly) if there was anyone in the building capable of coding correctly and fortunately there was?

No appoligy so I won't be returning there then?

I had this when they fitted the stalk to my last car.  I took it back and they sorted it out so Tonbridge know how to cause the problem and how to fix it. :)

When the latest car was done, there were already menus missing that I should have had (couldn't access the Chrono and lack of displays in the centre of the cluster), so they did them at the same time.

Thanks Araf - I think they must have forgotten. I will remind them of your experience. I must admit I'd forgotten about the Chrono - that's also missing now. Think I need to give them a list!

Archived