Extras

hotshotkevlar68

Depends on what you want, but you could easily spec it up fully.

We also have a Macan as a high mileage workhorse and the options that we have on it that I didn't spec on the 718 are; LED headlights (it's a commuter car, so I didn't really see the point - rarely out at night); surround cameras (no 718 option apart from the reversing camera); 14way seats (I'm the main driver and the standard seats work for me), PDK (I think a sports car should be manual, the Macan has PDK as standard).

Options that I think you should definitely not miss out on are heated seats and heated steering wheel. If you drive in winter they really add to the joyous experience. I also like the full leather so I chose that. I wish now I had gone for the split blue and grey option as I have seen in in a 911 and it looks stunning. Brightens up the interior. Definitely in my next car!

For me, I'm not interested in sport chrono or PASM or any of the other 'driver choices' that everyone else will say you absolutely must have. It's your car, you know what you want and what you can afford. Either way, enjoy it!

I specced mine to include all the things that I wanted and the extras came out about £7k I think.

I will only do around 4,000 mile a year in it as my work is only a few miles away I will use it daily. I'm going to have to do my homework sit down and really look into what I want and what I need. They are two different things 

Having spent numerous hours on the configuration site I can confirm the options book is crazy

firstly I would choose alloys - 20 inch ones are much more than the base ones

thrn I would choose the interior - the standard setup is very basic if you are used to luxury cars.  the leather package at 2500 quid is pretty much needed to suit a 50 grand car.

seats - mines got the 18 way adaptive ones, probably wouldn't spec them myself at 2400 quid, but the base ones are not great at all so somewhere between ??

air con - the 500 quid dual zone one is worth while, having owned a 981 car without it, it's cheap and much better

obviously heated seats and parking sensors are a given

bose and dab is great and more than enough for a sports car

upgrade the stainless steel interior trim as it scuffs easily and looks terrible after a few years, my 981 had it and it aged terribly. Mines painted but you can have it carbon or in leather.

Alcantara roof - mine doesn't and my mates does and it makes the car feel a lot more of an occasion 

coloured centre caps are 150 quid and 10 quid on eBay - there is no difference

Individual coloured keys are terrible - mine has one and it was 250 quid and started to chip already, in a few months it will look terrible 

thats all all I can remember about the options process 

good luck 

2 hours ago, Paulo123 said:

upgrade the stainless steel interior trim as it scuffs easily and looks terrible after a few years, my 981 had it and it aged terribly. Mines painted but you can have it carbon or in leather.

Brushed aluminum is an option not standard.Standard is the plastic coated silver trim.

The most important as said is the colour, extended leather and wheels. There are lots of low cost options like folding mirrors which are useful. The biggies are pdk, chrono etc. PASM is extremely good and well worth it, pse electric seats down to personal choice, if only you driving then the later not an issue. Painted side vents look very good and must spec the  Passenger footwell storage net  as its the only option that's free:D I changed the exhaust tips and all i have to do is wipe them clean , no polishing like the steel ones.

You dont say if its a Caymen or boxster? on the later you cant spec the Roof lining in Alcantara.

Its all down to personal choice and i added £20k of extras on mine:o the active cruise i thought was expensive and did um and ah about it , but its great in traffic and is a really good safety feature which can save the front end of your car.

The spec I have is http://www.porsche-code.com/PJVLWMR9 (Cayman S)

It came in at just over the 13K mark for options but bearing in mind that the default specs were expanded several months back so things like Sat Nav, DAB, Connect Plus are now standard, the options cost would have been a fair bit higher prior to this. 13K and more isn't a large amount.

2 hours ago, Mike Cad said:

The spec I have is http://www.porsche-code.com/PJVLWMR9 (Cayman S)

It came in at just over the 13K mark for options but bearing in mind that the default specs were expanded several months back so things like Sat Nav, DAB, Connect Plus are now standard, the options cost would have been a fair bit higher prior to this. 13K and more isn't a large amount.

Hows the car Mike , i take it you are enjoying it?

Humm, you can make a case for almost any option, really you need to get to a dealer to check out the seat/leather/interior options. To me full leather is completely unnecessary and just adds weight, I can't stand carbon fibre trim, I much prefer the standard metal/steel look trim that to me adds a nice contrast to the rest of the dash (for the same reason I don't like these leather covered)

i could live without heated seats and climate control but the wife couldn't so... chrono I could live without, but if you do track days would be great. PASM I think is superb (works miracles with 20" wheels) Standard radio isn't great so if that's important then Bose/DAB is essential. Rear parking sensors are a must have. I think painted rollover hoops really adds to the look.  

Thanks guys you have all been a great help as I've said before I'm going to have to sit down and go through all the extras with a fine tooth comb. Some you could do without but at the end of the day you don't buy a prestige car every day and I've been saving up for over 2 years for this so I want it right

If you ask 100 people to specify a car you will get 100 different answers. The car is for you and only you can decide what you want, but you can be guided by others opinions.

When I configured mine, I, like many on here, spent hours on the web using the Porsche tool to get what I wanted. I ended up with a car which if I were to specify it today would look exactly the same with the exception of online services which I can't find a use for.

For your info the main options on my Boxster 981S are, PDK, PASM, chrono, PSE (the best option), PDC (front and rear), heated & vented seats (wouldn't often miss the vented), cruise, dual climate, sports steering wheel (flappy paddle) and some other stuff that came to £16K

I think the first decision is to decide which engine you want...F4 or F6?

Your earlier thread referred to saving up for a 981 for your 50th, now you are talking about a 718. Have you driven a 718, they are very different to a 981?

If it were me I would be snapping up one of the last used 981 F6 GTS models, but if you are happy with the 718....

Start with decent paint, 20s, pasm, sports seats and extended leather. Chrono pack if ur having pdk. On the 981 I'd add PSE but not necessary on 718 imo. Anything else is just a Brucey Bonus :(:)

Archived