Coolant smell from dash vents?

Kez986

• 5 weeks later...

Yep, I had the same fault recently and deciced to replace with a second-hand (with warranty) unit.  The one I took out only had a small amount of coolant visible, but clearly leaking.

20 hours ago, mxm1275 said:

Yep, I had the same fault recently and deciced to replace with a second-hand (with warranty) unit.  The one I took out only had a small amount of coolant visible, but clearly leaking.

Do you have aircon?  I went to replace mine and was stumped by the aircon pipe running across it?  Still deciding what to do, but seems that tightening up the jubilee clips seems to have improved things.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, mvw said:

Do you have aircon?  I went to replace mine and was stumped by the aircon pipe running across it?  Still deciding what to do, but seems that tightening up the jubilee clips seems to have improved things.

Yes, I have air-con and to be honest, I 'massaged' the heater matrix past it.  I might have persuaded the air con pipe a little bit to clear it!  Saved disconnecting everything and losing the gas!

3 hours ago, mxm1275 said:

Yes, I have air-con and to be honest, I 'massaged' the heater matrix past it.  I might have persuaded the air con pipe a little bit to clear it!  Saved disconnecting everything and losing the gas!

Thanks for this, I did look to try that, but maybe need to be a bit more forceful.  I didn't get past a plastic clip that was holding the pipe in place lol.  I'll have another look once the weather warms up a bit!

Archived