Sideways.......

Yardie

New tyre and alignment time. Wallet £650 lighter. 

Brand new rubber all round, cold wet greasy road.....roundabout....back end of the car steps out.....back end of the pants fills out! :lol:

No damage done, but must remember to take it easy until the tyres bed in a bit.

Think I'll wait for the weather to warm up a bit before I get it out of the garage again.

13 minutes ago, Yardie said:

New tyre and alignment time. Wallet £650 lighter. 

Brand new rubber all round, cold wet greasy road.....roundabout....back end of the car steps out.....back end of the pants fills out! :lol:

No damage done, but must remember to take it easy until the tyres bed in a bit.

Think I'll wait for the weather to warm up a bit before I get it out of the garage again.

I had something similar when I changed my front tyres. Took rims to tyre place and fitted them on my drive. Drove off to the T-junction at end of road like normal and then car just wouldn't stop as ABS kicked in. Luckily nothing coming as my nose ended up a couple of feet out into the road?

Indeedy! The roundabout is literally 50 meters from the exit of the tyre place, and I wasn't even giving it the beans, just a super slippy road with 4 brand new tyres with their protective sheen still intact.

At least nobody saw it! :lol:

1 hour ago, Nath said:

A few burnouts should sort them!  I have no useful advice on the fronts but at least you'll see what you're about to hit ;)

Ha!  Yes, accelerated scrub in :) 

1 hour ago, Yardie said:

Indeedy! The roundabout is literally 50 meters from the exit of the tyre place, and I wasn't even giving it the beans, just a super slippy road with 4 brand new tyres with their protective sheen still intact.

At least nobody saw it! :lol:

And if they did maybe they thought you meant to do it - as long as they didn't see the look on your face as it happened!

16 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Ha!  Yes, accelerated scrub in :) 

And if they did maybe they thought you meant to do it - as long as they didn't see the look on your face as it happened!

Or the colour of you undies after. Good job the roof was down as the smell quickly disipates.

14 hours ago, rowbos said:

Also I find my new tyres take a couple of hundred miles to scrub in and find their optimal grip - cold weather aside!

Always do. The Pirellis were terrible for about the first 50 miles. Couple of smoky exits and hard braking sorted them out. 

Yep I smoked up the rears as I left the tyre fitters when they were lasted fitted to Molly.  Tyre place thought I was having fun - it was not planned !

Roof was down - so I had to look cool about it.....

Archived