Battery?

Tin Pot

14 hours ago, Tin Pot said:

:lol:

Well, that didn’t open either!

That's because they are rubbish, there is a thread on here somewhere about them.

Going to pick up my car today after about 4 weeks in garage, I just hope I am not in the same predicament. Good luck sorting it out.

18 hours ago, John2000 said:

If that was behind the offside front wheel arch cover then yes.

You are not having much luck.

My last suggestion is rig up a cigarette lighter connection with battery condiion on plug into you cigarette lighter connection and connect the crocodile clips to a spare or browwed car battery and try that.

You don' say where you are in the country I'm in the West Mids and have a cigarette lighter connection made up you can browwow if you are close

Did you mean in here?

2011-05-17_122748_911_bonnet_release.jpe

that would require a bit more work than I had imagined.

I think that's the one but that picture is the near side so that must be a left hand drive.

Yours should be on your right side (driver' side) I have not seen mine what happened to me was I had a parasitic battery drain caused by a dead battery on a tracker I called the RAC guy out and he managed to get his arm in and pulled on the cable to open the bonnet so I could fit a new battery if you have RAC or AS cover they will sort you out. Good luck hope you get it sorted.

Okay, some good news at last! :)

The charger I was using wasn’t powerful enough, a buddy brought a jump starting battery and after some faff with the alarm going off despite the key being in first position, got the front trunk open.

Then plugged it into the battery and got the car started on the second attempt.

Left it running for a while, then took it for a 20 minute spin, running some high revs.

Ive got to head off to the hospital, taking the jump starter with me. Hopefully that’ll go okay. I want to make sure the battery is okay though, so I’m looking for somewhere to check the battery health.

Quick update.

After a day without driving I popped the rear trunk today, removed a case and the alarm went off. Inserting the key or pressing the unlock had no effect. Had to flap around for ten minutes opening and closing things trying to lock and unlock it before it stopped.

Half an hour later came back and drove away without problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Halfords reckon the battery is okay.

They couldn’t do a normal test due to a surface charge, but did a “drop” test. Monitoring while I started the engine.

They said it only dropped to 11V so “it’s okay”.

Far be it from me to second guess Halfords, but I thought I’d get a second opinion from BoXa.

I’ve not had any problems since getting it started but... :)

• 1 month later...

Just to bring this saga to a close.

Greenflag tested the battery and said there was “only 2V in there”.

Started me up and I went to Halfords for a new battery - £130 installed, 5 yr warrantee. Done.

Archived