Brake Pedal

CMA

Been out today for a run, had the roof down and the heater on full blast down to my feet an hour or so into the drive I noticed the brake pedal wasn't raising back up to the top after being used and had to tease it up with the side of my foot. Made for interesting progress....

I vaguely remember seeing this somewhere else as a common fault. Is it a recall item? Or can you buy a replacement part to fit DIY?

Yes a relatively common fault on the earlier 981, what year is yours? When the heater is directed into the footwell the pivot spindle binds and causes the brake to stick on, usually accompanied by some dash warning lights. Depending on age and service history you may be able to get it done under a goodwill gesture or at least a contribution from them. As it is a known fault I would be pushing for Porsche to pay for it.

Shame he doesn't get back and list the part numbers. I might just drop Sheffield Porsche an email tomorrow and see what they say. Got the NC500 coming up early this year and the heaters will be well used on the feet during that trip....

I also have the fan issue where I have to free it up by hand if I leave the car too long without a run....great design Porsche :( (too long means a week it seems)

Archived