Emissions failure (just) ~HELP please

gridge

53 minutes ago, gridge said:

....... its a stainless sports exhaust and the clamps were replaced last year.....

Has it still got the OEM cats fitted?

That aside I think @Rev Ken's advice is absolutely sound, once it has been properly warmed up.

59 minutes ago, gridge said:

hi I dont know about the cats.. I only bought it last summer.. I guess ragging it before the test would be the best thing, if that fails then it will need plugging in...

See if you can get a photo of the underside of the car showing the exhaust system - it's possible it has aftermarket parts fitted or even a cat-delete if the system has been upgraded.

If the CEL light is not on then the lambda sensors should be good enough to pass the MOT. Same as if your cats are no good, that would show a fault. I would suspect a minor exhaust leak.

ok... its been plugged in they found a sensor had been disconnected, it plugged back in and the reading was 1.045.. it has been checked for leaks.. 

the garage are saying they think it may be both cats?? I have 2 exhaust pipes they seem to have used the right one.. is it worth getting them to use the left? 

again.. ideas please shout.. is it easy to get and fit Cats? 

Pete

14 minutes ago, gridge said:

ok... its been plugged in they found a sensor had been disconnected, it plugged back in and the reading was 1.045.. it has been checked for leaks.. 

the garage are saying they think it may be both cats?? I have 2 exhaust pipes they seem to have used the right one.. is it worth getting them to use the left? 

again.. ideas please shout.. is it easy to get and fit Cats? 

Pete

Not quite understanding your post. If the cats are done then you normally get a CEL light and the cat efficiency code. Your car will have 2 exhaust manifolds, one for each bank and at least one lambda sensor let bank in the cat pipe. Both manifolds exit through s single exhaust box to an exhaust tip. This is where the lambda probe is placed for n MOT. 

hi, I have never had a light on... my exhaust is this type (attached) 

. my issue is that I don't think my local garage understand the car and northway Porsche are booked to the 23rd feb...

I also live Surrey/hants.. where would you take yours for this to be diagnosed properly? 

Pete 

images.jpeg

Archived