Weak screenwash

Tin Pot

3 hours ago, Boxob said:

How about low reservoir level; partially blocked nozzles; a feeder pipe split or popped off;  or failing pump.

Most of the kit is in the front passenger wing.

I’ve replaced the screenwash twice with 5L, which appeared to fill it each time.

I couldn’t see anyway to manipulate the nozzles themselves, they seem to be hard points.

Is there an easy way in or is it as involved as this:

It's an option but I certainly hope not necessary as I too have to sort mine. I'm hoping it's only passenger wheel off, rear part of plastic inner wing guard off and everything is exposed enough to work on. 

i had to replace one of the pipes on mine it was the t piece as it was split pouring water out 996 628 102 00 was the part number, pull the battery cover off and get some one to pull the washers and see if anything is leaking

great for looking up diagrams and part numbers

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/porscheservice/serviceandorgininalparts/originalparts/

It was the T piece that split on mine too. Same symptoms. Gaffer tape provided a quick fix that’s lasted well. ?

it is easy to spot under the ‘frunk’ and just follow the pipes. 

You've put in 2 lots of 5 litres!? How much are you really washing the screen? Surely you have a leak so there is no pressure by the time it reaches the nozzle. 

@Tin Pot @89rallye. @Dwdg

Revisiting this thread as I have just fixed my car screen washers which initially started to bubble when used but quickly stopped. As mentioned by 89rallye and Dwdg it was the T-piece which is accessed from the battery compartment (it's attached to the bulkhead behind the right side of battery). The T-piece is in two parts which push together. In my case they had pulled apart (I suspect with the nozzles frozen the pump pressure pushes them apart). I pushed the two parts together and the washers now work.  When apart there seems to be a built in fine filter in one half. It would be worth checking if it's clogged. HTH

I’ve not had a chance as I’m back in France sans Boxster though.

I think its going to be a leak though. There’s a strong smell of screenwash in the cabin when I use it.

The need to remove the whole wing is going to drag this out for months though.

38 minutes ago, Tin Pot said:

I’ve not had a chance as I’m back in France sans Boxster though.

I think its going to be a leak though. There’s a strong smell of screenwash in the cabin when I use it.

The need to remove the whole wing is going to drag this out for months though.

Read my earlier posts. There's no need to remove the wing and it could be a very easy fix of a T-piece in the battery compartment.

On 12/02/2018 at 10:31 AM, Boxob said:

it could be a very easy fix of a T-piece in the battery compartment.

My money is on the t piece that's what happened to mine and there was a very strong smell of screen wash

On 11/02/2018 at 2:41 PM, Rev Ken said:

My complaint is that claims for screen wash to work in low temperatures seem over optimistic, especially as we don't have an engine to warm the reservoir. Any recommendations?

There are aftermarket screen wash heater kits which plug in to the pipework between the reservoir and nozzles and take an electric supply from the battery. No personal experience of them but up north I can see how a bit of heat could be useful. Probably doesn't stop the reservoir freezing though.

• 5 months later...

@Boxob

Haven’t logged in for a while(!)

You were bang on.  For some reason I just couldn’t see the T-piece, but a while later I looked again and it was totally obvious. It even had a bit of white around it where it had been leaking.

It wasn’t broken, or punctured, just loose. So detaching and reattaching sorted it out. :)

Months of hassle over nothing really.

good news

Archived