X73 sport chassis upgrade ?

mightymetro

Hi all.  Our boxster 2.7 came withought pasm and it definitely sits a little high.  I have been considering fitting the x73 option which is the new shocks / springs and sway bars.  Does anyone have this fitted from the factory, or has retrofitted it before?  The car is under the extended warrenty scheme so I have to fit genuine Porsche parts

thank you

I think that is what is commonly known as the M030 suspension package. Several on here have fitted it and it gets good reviews. Not sure if it's still available from Porsche, but can be had from design 911

https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=7417

Do a search on M030 to get more info.

4 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

I think that is what is commonly known as the M030 suspension package. Several on here have fitted it and it gets good reviews. Not sure if it's still available from Porsche, but can be had from design 911

https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=7417

Do a search on M030 to get more info.

Good luck fitting 986 suspension onto a 981...

57 minutes ago, paulchamby said:

Good luck fitting 986 suspension onto a 981...

Ha?,

teach me not to read what forum the question was posted in.

Ignore me OP

X73 is lower than M030.  X73 is the sports option for 981 and standard fitted on the Spyder, M030 was the sports option for 986/996.  In my opinion the PASM when switched to sport is the same feel as M030, the X73 is slightly stiffer again.

There is a GTS up for sale on here with it fitted at the moment.  It was rare for people to take this option.  mneil on here has retro fitted it to his also, but I know of no others.

Don't forget to keep in warranty you need to have it fitted by an "approved fitter" as Porsche will have you believe.  Personally I am choosing to ignore that and shall have it fitted, much cheaper by an indi.

12 minutes ago, Patt said:

In my opinion the PASM when switched to sport is the same feel as M030

Can’t comment on the 981 PASM, but on the 987, Sport is much stiffer than the M030 on the 986.

I had the x73 fitted, as standard, to my 981 Spyder, and PASM to the 981S I had before the Spyder.

The x73 is lower and stiffer than PASM but was enjoyable to drive particularly ‘spiritedly’! However th 

e difference was most noticeable when driving over less than perfect roads. 

Going slower  over speed bumps plus judging inclines will be needed, The front apron of my Spyder had a lot of scrapes! 

Oh and its cheaper to purchase from Carnewall, even with the pants exchange rate ! (his prices are also include delivery)

I haven't checked the kit pricing direct with Porsche, however it's usually a much better labour rate at an indi.  Porsche quote "from £2620 fitted"

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

So how does x73 handle rough roads if it's stiffer? I find the sport setting on pasm too much and the normal setting easier to push on with. 

I found it a bit hard going and generally slowed down although you could live with it, it didn’t lossen teeth filings! 

47 minutes ago, Patt said:

No - I had already purchased cheaper elsewhere and been sat in the shed.

Not that bloody shed again....LOL!

Patt you seem to have more Porsche gear in your shed than the local OPC! 

25 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

Not that bloody shed again....LOL!

Patt you seem to have more Porsche gear in your shed than the local OPC! 

Admit it Patt, somewhere along the line you acquired a TARDIS. 

If I see something come up for sale at a good price, I buy it. 

I had the shocks for Molly about 2 years before they got fitted.  This time I've found some Cayman stuff that I rekon will work nicely.

As for the shed - I've even found a home for the kitchen sink that's in there  :D

56 minutes ago, Patt said:

If I see something come up for sale at a good price, I buy it. 

I had the shocks for Molly about 2 years before they got fitted.  This time I've found some Cayman stuff that I rekon will work nicely.

As for the shed - I've even found a home for the kitchen sink that's in there  :D

I can see what you do most Sunday mornings Patt! 

don't be daft - they invented the internet for lazy gits like me:  Sunday morning is usually a bacon sandwich and cup of tea while browsing on the ipad.

This week it will be pouring down on Sunday but at least the F1 and bike GP's are on.

4 hours ago, Patt said:

don't be daft - they invented the internet for lazy gits like me:  Sunday morning is usually a bacon sandwich and cup of tea while browsing on the ipad.

This week it will be pouring down on Sunday but at least the F1 and bike GP's are on.

Good point! 

• 1 month later...

My local man refused to fit.  I was also having reservations regarding my warranty.

Then I thought I'd get Revolution to fit while in for a service...

You had a phone call this morning regarding this.  It's had to be postponed as I made the same initial mistake as you...GUTTED :-(

Yes, Gareth phoned asking for my help with a technical question. I felt more than surprised, Gareth asking me, for help?. Alas, was only my memory he needed regarding the x73 installation. Yes, it's the springs and their corresponding shocks that have to be fitted together. I guess you can leave out the stronger anti roll bars, saves dropping the front sub frame. 

I love it to bits and certainly think it improves the handling no end.....oh and it looks so good!  Whatever you decide at least you can be confident in their expertise.

Archived