Black Boxster GTS at Harbour Cars - Anyone know it?

djy

Does anyone on here know the black Boxster GTS at Harbour Cars? Wondering if the original owner was a member on here.

https://www.harbourcars.com/used-car-details/Porsche-Boxster-U1818/

What do you think of the price?

Also, what are your thoughts on the spec and future resale? I see that it's missing dual zone climate control, which is a bit odd.

I'm wondering if it's better to buy a cheaper car with 10-15k more miles on, from a Porsche dealer with a 2 year warranty, or if this is really worthwhile with such low mileage.

It's not me buying it, by the way. I'm quite happy with my 981S! It's for a good friend of mine.

I don't see it has many options over a standard GTS.

It has the light design package, I think that's the extra GTS interior with contrasting stitch, and a £100 plastic fuel cap.  If I recall the online services are free for the first two years, and then a subscription afterwards - so that's expired.  Not sure the PDLS+ was standard, but I think PDSL was.  The coloured caps come with that option of wheel ( I found that out about mine)

I'd say that was probably a  £60K new and there is room for wiggle.  Harbour always had quite reasonable priced 981's when I was in the hunt.

It’s one of the last 981 GTS and very low miles so the price is understandable. It’s probably £10k more than a similarly specced S but with additional power, alcantara, exterior cosmetics etc.  I think Pat is underselling it a bit. It has GTS interior and exterior,  full leather /adjustable seats, PASM, PSE, SC, BOSE, DAB, heated seats, parking sensors, PDLS,  Cruise, satnav, Pdk,  well over £60k new I expect (my S was £60k new), I can’t think what else I might want as options, obviously no PCCB, or PTV but pretty much everyone else.  I’m not keen on the carbon fibre interior trim but totally subjective.

11 minutes ago, Greenman said:

I’m not keen on the carbon fibre interior trim but totally subjective.

Wash your mouth out with soap and water !

I just have in my head that this would be a 60, maybe 62 when new. But it was a long time ago when I was playing with the online config

My friend is looking to buy and run for a year, maybe put 3000 to 4000 miles on it. Hoping for a good resale, given the mileage will still be pretty low.

I'd have thought it would have been well over £60k new...what was the list on the GTS? My Boxster S was a shade under £70k new in 2013! I know the SC, PSE and PASM was standard on the GTS, but not sure what else was.

Somewhat unhelpful but the previous owner is on the Porsche forum on Pistonheads: he put it up for sale and sold within 24 hours. Sadly, I can't locate the posts....

16 minutes ago, jhemus said:

Somewhat unhelpful but the previous owner is on the Porsche forum on Pistonheads: he put it up for sale and sold within 24 hours. Sadly, I can't locate the posts....

That’s actually very helpful, thanks. I happened to remember the dealer saying he had bought a McLaren so a quick nosey on the PH McLaren forum and I found him. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1735338&mid=52794

48 minutes ago, djy said:

That’s actually very helpful, thanks. I happened to remember the dealer saying he had bought a McLaren so a quick nosey on the PH McLaren forum and I found him. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=1735338&mid=52794

Excellent - I hoped that might help you to track him down 

I wonder what, if any, the association between Chappell and Harbour Cars is. When I bought my boxster from Keir Chappell in 2013, he had tge enclosed showroom on the roundabout in Chichester and Harbour Cars had the open air plot out front selling average motors. Maybe they like the look of Porsche for margin and moved to their new site?

http://www.chappellsportscars.com/

I went to Harbour cars about 15 months ago looking to trade my 981 for a Cayman GTS with very nice spec. People buy from people. I ended up with my yellow Boxster GTS from Porsche Portsmouth. Just my own experience. Chappell are still just off the roundabout on the A27. Harbour are still near Dell Quay next to the chandlery. Both seem to have latched onto the Porsche brand. 

On 5/1/2018 at 3:34 PM, djy said:

I'd have thought it would have been well over £60k new...what was the list on the GTS? My Boxster S was a shade under £70k new in 2013! I know the SC, PSE and PASM was standard on the GTS, but not sure what else was.

OK had a look at the option prices I have from around 2015/16, so should be pretty accurate for this car. Even on a car with a GTS spec already, they don't half add up quickly :o, my reckoning is as follows (subsequently corrected based on later posts below):

GTS base price £52,879

• 7 Speed PDK Gearbox With Paddleshift +£2,351
• Jet Black Metallic +£558
• GTS Interior Package – Black Leather With Alcantara And Carmine Red Stitching & Carbon Trim +£2,015
• 20 Inch Carrera S Alloy Wheels STD In Black +£801
• PDLS Plus - Porsche Dynamic Lighting System With BiXenon Lights & Dynamic High Beam +£308
• Sport Chrono Package Plus STD
• PSE - Porsche Sports Exhaust STD
• 18 Way Electric Adaptive Sports Seats With Drivers Memory +£1,914
• PCM 3 SatNav +£2,141
• DAB – Digital Radio +£324
• BOSE Surround Sound System +£801
• Black GTS Exterior Package +£680
• Instrument Dials In Carmine Red ?? Not sure Carmine Red was an option. Guards Red was +£332 Incl with GTS Interior package (but note it's only the rev counter)
• Light Design Package +£203
• Telephone Module For PCM +£527
• Online Services +£122
• Heated Seats +£284
• Cruise Control +£267
• Colour Crested Wheel Centres [incl in Black painted wheels (partially) option above]
• Front And Rear Park Assist +£599
• 981 Model Boxster GTS 3.4 DFI Engine With 330 BHP
• 1 Owner From New
• Full Porsche Main Agent Service History
• Balance Of Manufacturers Warranty Until 24/03/2019 & An Independent Multipoint Inspection By A Qualified Technician Is Included
• 1980 Miles

Options not listed in advert:
Sport Design Steering Wheel +£0 (Unclear if STD or NCO)
Fuel Cap in aluminium look +£89

I don't think I've costed anything that was already in the GTS spec, and by my maths that adds up to an eye-watering £67,195 £66,863

Ok so 18 way seats with memory were standard in GTS as was the sports design steering wheel that includes paddles if PDK selected.  As was the carbon trim.

The rev counter was coloured (as per the advertised car) as standard.  I think the advert is a bit misleading as that is actually the only dial coloured, the others are still standard

I've not seen a GTS without the following, but can't find a full list of what was actually included in a GTS build:

Bose

Cruise

Heated seats

PCM + Bluetooth

When I was playing with the config I'm sure it worked out £3K cheaper to buy the £5k more GTS than spec  the same in an S model.

If my memory was correct then list would have been £60,929.  Not far off my original estimate and statement.

Again I'm not trying to start an argument, and without one of the original brochures I am relying on my poor memory. 

Returning to the original questions, if your friend can justify it, buy it.  I still think there is some wiggle room in the price.  To me the GTS, or indeed this car is a perfect spec except for me the paint colour wouldn't be my choice.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Ok so 18 way seats with memory were standard in GTS as was the sports design steering wheel that includes paddles if PDK selected.  As was the carbon trim.

The rev counter was coloured (as per the advertised car) as standard.  I think the advert is a bit misleading as that is actually the only dial coloured, the others are still standard

I've not seen a GTS without the following, but can't find a full list of what was actually included in a GTS build:

Bose

Cruise

Heated seats

PCM + Bluetooth

It's possible that the GTS spec had been different in earlier years, Patt, but from around the time I bought my S in 2015 to the end of the run in 2016, the GTS had 2-way electric 'Sports Seats Plus' as standard. The 18-way electric 'Adaptive Sports Seats Plus' on this car were an option even on the GTS, at the cost I quoted above (although still ~£500 cheaper than they would have been to add to an S). The Sport Design steering wheel was shown in the brochure as standard, but on the configurator as a no-cost option for the GTS, so I don't know which of those was correct, but it doesn't affect the price I quoted. The carbon trim was part of the £2k GTS interior package and not in the standard trim.

You are right about the coloured rev counter The coloured rev counter is part of the (already costed) GTS Interior Package, so my calculated price is over by £322. This also explains why it is indeed Carmine Red rather than the optional Guard Red which as you say gave you two coloured dials not just the rev counter.

PCM, Bose, Cruise control, heated seats and Phone module were all cost options on the GTS around that time, I'm afraid.

I'm basing all this on the 03/2015 brochure I have, and it's also consistent with the prices I noted from the configurator while it was still available.

So my revised price for the above car is £66,863.

2 hours ago, Jon61 said:

OK had a look at the option prices I have from around 2015/16, so should be pretty accurate for this car. Even on a car with a GTS spec already, they don't half add up quickly :o, my reckoning is as follows (subsequently corrected based on later posts below):

GTS base price £52,879

• 7 Speed PDK Gearbox With Paddleshift +£2,351
• Jet Black Metallic +£558
• GTS Interior Package – Black Leather With Alcantara And Carmine Red Stitching & Carbon Trim +£2,015
• 20 Inch Carrera S Alloy Wheels STD In Black +£801
• PDLS Plus - Porsche Dynamic Lighting System With BiXenon Lights & Dynamic High Beam +£308
• Sport Chrono Package Plus STD
• PSE - Porsche Sports Exhaust STD
• 18 Way Electric Adaptive Sports Seats With Drivers Memory +£1,914
• PCM 3 SatNav +£2,141
• DAB – Digital Radio +£324
• BOSE Surround Sound System +£801
• Black GTS Exterior Package +£680
• Instrument Dials In Carmine Red ?? Not sure Carmine Red was an option. Guards Red was +£332 STD (but note it's only the rev counter)
• Light Design Package +£203
• Telephone Module For PCM +£527
• Online Services +£122
• Heated Seats +£284
• Cruise Control +£267
• Colour Crested Wheel Centres [incl in Black painted wheels (partially) option above]
• Front And Rear Park Assist +£599
• 981 Model Boxster GTS 3.4 DFI Engine With 330 BHP
• 1 Owner From New
• Full Porsche Main Agent Service History
• Balance Of Manufacturers Warranty Until 24/03/2019 & An Independent Multipoint Inspection By A Qualified Technician Is Included
• 1980 Miles

Options not listed in advert:
Sport Design Steering Wheel +£0 (Unclear if STD or NCO)
Fuel Cap in aluminium look +£89

I don't think I've costed anything that was already in the GTS spec, and by my maths that adds up to an eye-watering £67,195 £66,863

Wow thats almost spyder money

Thanks Jon, I guess all the GTS buyers must have the same taste/wants as me, including those that were spec'd at the OPC's.

So in answer to OP - GREAT SPEC car go for it.  The buyer in me would still negotiate ;-)

And be sure to check service records including the extra, brake fluid, belts, plugs etc.

I live very near Harbour Cars. I nearly bought a 987.2 BoxsterS five few years ago but they reduced the trade in price on my current car after initial valuation and that killed the deal stone dead.

I then decided to go to the OPC and get a new Boxster Base. 5 years on I’m still smoking around in it.

All that aside, the standard of Harbour Cara vehicle’s is always exceptional. They are prepared properly, not just trade ins having received a quick wipe and put on display. I also know the guy who does their paint and the garage nearby that does their repairs. Very good setup overall.

The finance prices on the stickers attached to the cars do seem out to lunch but you can haggle those I guess.

Archived