Custard anyone?

r1flyguy

So, the Macan went in for some 'exploratory' work in regards to an oil leak they found during its 1st MOT last month, they were going to give me a Macan courtesy vehicle but I asked for something different, hence.....

42348110011_67c72a8aff_b.jpgUntitled by Gary ORourke, on Flickr

So this was my first foray into a 718 and it was a very basic model but had sport+. Due to the weather I didn't get to try it out much but initial impressions

It felt small and raw. driving along the throttle was snatchy and not at all smooth. I also found I was blinded by headlights of other cars!! I thought this was because the car was low but the 911 is not really that different, very odd.

The noise was ok, very 'suburu' and I could get used to it, maybe. The performance was ok, didn't give me the impression that I want one for that alone but in truth I didn't push it due to the weather and as it felt very light on the steering, I couldn't get a feel for it. Maybe on a good dry day and more time I would change my mind.

One thing that did surprise me was, SWMBO liked the look of it, especially the colour as did our postman and there seem to be more people look at it, something i rarely notice in the 911. Was it the colour or the car?

Anyway, Had I been in a nice specced S model on a dry day, maybe I would be of a different mind but after today dismal, wet effort.....Not for me but glad I tried it 

56 minutes ago, EXY said:

To be fair you wouldn't see many oncoming headlights in your daily driver :)

I think thats why it was so obvious! Its amazing what you get used to and how trying something totally different gives you these perspectives.

I have to say, looking out the front screen i loved the lines of the front wings! Sad i know, i just thought the angled lines were cool.

54 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

I think thats why it was so obvious! Its amazing what you get used to and how trying something totally different gives you these perspectives.

I have to say, looking out the front screen i loved the lines of the front wings! Sad i know, i just thought the angled lines were cool.

I was referring to your DAILY DRIVER at 38,000feet :laugh:

The latest Cayman is a stunning looking vehicle and no mistake, IMHO it looks best in RED but then I may be a tad biased LOL.

47 minutes ago, EXY said:

Doh! ?

3 hours ago, EXY said:

The latest Cayman is a stunning looking vehicle and no mistake, IMHO it looks best in RED but then I may be a tad biased LOL.

Nah, It looks best in Miami Blue :thumbsup_still:

23 minutes ago, EXY said:

Sorry Gaz, sometimes I am too clever for my own good, not often though I have to admit :)

That’s ok, I’m not as clever as you look ?

35 minutes ago, Malcolm E Box said:

I will race any red 718 to put that myth to bed once and for all ?

Just to give you a chance I will even let you wear some roller skates against our 986.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, r1flyguy said:

One thing that did surprise me was, SWMBO liked the look of it, especially the colour as did our postman and there seem to be more people look at it, something i rarely notice in the 911. Was it the colour or the car?

I am a month into owning my 718 Boxster in racing yellow and I do notice turning heads when driving and everyone who comes down the drive has to comment. Not sure if this is a good thing or not but I definitely smile every time I walk to the car, it definitely drew me to it in the OPC over all the dull reds, blues, greys etc

Archived