Today is pick up day.

Scubaregs

21 hours ago, basaltbox said:

same old 981 owner comment ....

Some of us would be more diplomatic on a 'pick up thread' but there is always someone happy to p*ss on your chips isn't there!

It looks great in that colour, you enjoy it mate :) 

Had mine almost a year and just 2400 miles but it’s really loosening up and the performance just keeps improving, subjectively at least! As far as the sound is concerned I personally think it’s great and frankly who cares what others think, the suns out after all.  

Your car looks amazing great colour choice & wheels ! every dealer I have been in wont knock off a penny and most of their cars are above list , so double congratulations that you got a great deal .

Cheers folks. I'm pretty thick skinned, been around forums a long time, so the comment did not bother me. The OPC I bought from had 2 very nice 981s and my original plan was to test drive one of those also to see the difference. However the test drive in the 718, coupled with the fact that I really wanted to be the first owner of a car for once, made it an easy decision to get the 718.

Wrong place, wrong joke !

What a summer to pick up a new convertible and its hard to beat being the first owner of any car, I hope your enjoying it OP (I have little doubt you are)

15 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Well, no one laughed..........

I am laughing at what a bunch of uptight bell-ends some people are being.

I actually said I thought the car was lush and a harmless joke and then some folks decide to get all indignant.

Some of you need to lighten the hell up..

That is a truly stunning car in that colour.

Any chance you can post a picture using the same angle that Fat Haggis did. 

I think that will have us all ......

Thanks Darkstar, my picture taking skills are cr*p but will do my best when an opportunity presents itself. (In fact, best just to let Fat Haggis take the pic when we meet up.)?

On 7/19/2018 at 10:45 PM, Waxy said:

I am laughing at what a bunch of uptight bell-ends some people are being.

I actually said I thought the car was lush and a harmless joke and then some folks decide to get all indignant.

Some of you need to lighten the hell up..

Nah .... just an envious 986 driver, wants a 718.... circumstances preventing the switch currently 

Archived