Seats uncomfortable for long distance...

highsider

After a long drive to and from Goodwood FoS yesterday, both of us noticed the seats started to feel uncomfortable and we were developing numb botties. Has anyone experienced the same? If so, are there any remedies? 

Get them refurbed. The sponge and padding over time can deteriorate, as happened in our old Merc. We had both seats done and the difference was noticeable.

There are lots of adjustment and it might just be that your not sitting right, you can try adjusting the steering wheel too, it took me a long time to find the right position.

but it might need re padding as well.

my cars done 194k and the seats seem to be holding up quite well so it might just be the driving position

except the wallet thing I'd say th 987/981 (and I assume the 986) seats are the most comfortable I've had in any car...little adjustment needed (only eve had back/forth up/down and tilt in either of mine)

For extra room if height is an issue then you can always swap out your seats and put 987 seats in, straight swap as far as I know and gives you a bit of extra room as they sit lower

For long legs, there is the "console delete" kit that allows your legs to splay outward.

There is also a kit sold by http://www.bkauto.com/R_9044_Seat_Floor_Mount_Adapter_p/r-9044.htm  that allows mounting the seat lower directly to the floor omitting the sliding rails.

Archived