Bluetooth for my 987

Dave_4

I fitted mine in December, very good piece of kit considering only £118. I do have an issue though and wondered if others have experienced this - every so often the unit will not recognise my phone, BT works OK with it, just won’t see the phone. Next time I use it the phone is seen. I have a Galaxy S8 and have also tried my wife’s iPhone 7, both same issue. I’m not sure but quite a few times it seems that if I take too long to switch on the ignition the phone isn’t seen, however it has, to a lesser extent, also happened if I switch the ignition as soon as I get in. 

Its not a huge issue, but is starting to frustrate me. I have reset the unit twice but after a few starts it happens again. 

Any thoughts? I have talked to the seller who has upto now suggested reset and try a different phone, I will feed back the latest after I get a feel for others having, or not having the same problem.

@Remodot that’s annoying, I’ve not had any issues with connection other and it wanting to be connected all the time ie when cleaning the car and I have my headphones in, every time I wonder past it reconnects, a lot less annoying than what your dealing with though. 

Have you pushed for a replacement? Easy to change over. 

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed the seller, now have a replacement which is working well. I sent the old one back and was refunded the postage, no hassle what so ever, great service.

• 10 months later...

Hi, 

Not sure if this thread is still live?

I've fitted a MR12VOLT today and no joy. I have a 12v permanent feed and earth at the plug where it goes into the unit but nothing? Should the Bluetooth led light up?

I've messaged the seller but any suggestions greatly appreciated. 

Cheers 

Ady

I connected my power feed by tapping into CD changer feed. My box site next to the CD changer. The LED light is hard to see. My unit failed after about 8 months, seller was great, good feedback and service sending a new unit out the day after I'd tried the fixes he gave me. Sorry cant be of more help. 

#Remodot 

Encouraging to hear that the support was good. 🤞I experience the same. I've sent a message to the seller and they have been back asking for more information which they now have. Hopefully something will come back tomorrow. 

From what I read its generally a good piece of kit. Here is hope 👍

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, Dirk said:

Hi unable to see pictures from flicker says private, could someone put them on here? Would like to see pics or video of install before purchasing.

thanks

Looks like Dave has changed the settings and he's not been on here since July.

Ok no worries, I’m not bad with a screwdriver but just wanted more info, was originally looking at the replacement units that Sony etc do but this would be a good fix as my multi changer has issues with loading and unloading the cassette.

Archived