Next weeks 981 collection ?

Spinjim

Had confirmation this morning I can collect my car on Monday next week from Porsche Sutton coalfield ? (it would be sooner but I’m working ?)

spec is 

Guards red 2.7 Manual 13plate 45k

19ins Boxster s wheels

dual zone climate 

phone prep/ blue tooth 

sound plus 

heated seats 

tinted window 

Sports steering wheel 

cruise control (yes that’s not going to be used) 

and as it’s from a dealer I get two years warranty ?

Cruise keeps me out of trouble, so easy to be way above the limits before you know it and a godsend on these bl***y smart motorways. Tis Sutton Coldfield, gets its name from a cool damp area by the park, alone Monmouth drive. Enjoy your car?.

6 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

looks cracking and a Manual too :thumbsup_anim:

Had to be a manual, didn’t like the PDK (wife had one on the Audi and I do get it) 

bad news it may have to be Tuesday “vip” visit on Monday ?

Nice looking car :)

15 hours ago, Spinjim said:

Had to be a manual, didn’t like the PDK (wife had one on the Audi and I do get it) 

I have the one in the Audi and I can safely say the PDK in a Porsche is far superior to the S-Tronic in the Audi. They are very different to drive to say they are the same basic design., not even closely comparable when driven

10 hours ago, CMA said:

Nice looking car :)

I have the one in the Audi and I can safely say the PDK in a Porsche is far superior to the S-Tronic in the Audi. They are very different to drive to say they are the same basic design., not even closely comparable when driven

I agree night and day difference between S-tronic and PDK.

Great looking car, looking forward to more pictures when you get it?

Looks good - congratulations on the new car.

I have S Tronic in my Audi and PDK - suits both cars well, but for sure the PDK is more immediate and theatrical..  My 1965 Triumph has a 4sp Overdrive box, so I'm spoilt for options... 

Collected today ???

its different from my old 987, very grown up so to speak and has a nice exhaust note. Handling is very composed. 

Sad to see my old 987 it had done two Europe tours and lots of days out but it needed money spending on it, the suspension was worn and the exhaust needed work and the lip on the brake discs was worrisome ? and it’s got a lot of radwelld in it ?

wife as ever not bothered ?

Jim

Archived