Preventative Maintenance

bally4563

Car is just about to hit 80k thinking about replacing water pump and fitting a low temp stat.

Sourced a Pierburg pump for £160

Worthwile doing, even if I have no issues, or just stockpile the parts and wait for the inevitable?

You could check the pump for play and/or noise and change it if there is any, or stockpile if not. Given that it seems to be one of those things that gets mentioned as being a potential problem at that mileage though, and you've already decided to buy it,  you might as well just fit the thing and have the peace of mind. 

Pump is a good price, so stockpile and leave as a winter project, but to be fair it’s what I do if I see a bargain buy knowing it will come in, droplinks for example.

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Sourced a Pierburg pump for £160

Water pump is on my winter list to check/replace. Where did you get your pump? Does it have a plastic impeller?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave off the bay , Kora trade, Pierburg is OE and generally I’ve seen these £200 plus, not sure what the impeller is not described in the item description.

Mick

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

Pump is a good price, so stockpile and leave as a winter project, but to be fair it’s what I do if I see a bargain buy knowing it will come in, droplinks for example.

I do the same. Just bought Bosch MAF for half rrp. 

Archived