Am I allowed to find my old car on here?

donkeywings

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, PaulQ said:

I do.! 

Me too, on another nice to know Mountune are still going, I used to sell  stuff to them back in the 80s' Dave Mountain must be minted by now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I'm the friend that 'Tassotti' mentioned in the previous post.  Yes indeed, it appears it is your old car that I bought a few months ago.  I believe she has had many number plates since you had her, and I have just put on my own.  I hope you'll be pleased to hear that the car is still in great condition and has been well looked after. She has still only covered 73K miles and drives really well.  I have put some new wheels on her and (funny you mention the red carpets as an extra) have just bought factory Boxster Red carpets for the foot wells.  It took me a long time to find the right Boxster and I am very pleased with my purchase.  The unfortunate coincidence is that when you wrote your original post, the car was actually for sale on Autotrader.

I'm sure you realise that 'Tassotti's' cheeky comment about it being yours for 15K is not the case as I am very happy with the car and not wishing to sell her yet.  However, I am a car enthusiast and have many, so the day may come when I need to downsize and sell the Boxster.  Should this be the case, I'll be in touch again with a first refusal offer if you wish.

Small world.  All the best.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, Terryg said:

Me too, on another nice to know Mountune are still going, I used to sell  stuff to them back in the 80s' Dave Mountain must be minted by now.

Made a good amount of it from BTCC in the SuperTouring ear and also from Jonathan Palmer through Formula Paler Audi and PalmerSport.  They even produced some modded Mustangs in around 2007.

Sorry, a bit off topic.

On 12/10/2018 at 4:41 AM, Baby Bear said:

Hi there,

I'm the friend that 'Tassotti' mentioned in the previous post.  Yes indeed, it appears it is your old car that I bought a few months ago.  I believe she has had many number plates since you had her

Small world indeed mate. By ridiculous coincidence, I am only back on this thread because a current BoXa member recognised my nickname from a social game “Boom Beach” that we play together. He told me of your post. I’m glad you are enjoying it, and if 15k to sell it is not worth it to you... then you did way better than me. The car list price was 38. I got 21 for  it in 2007 when I had to sell it for my divorce TO THE SAME Swindon Porsche guy who sold me it in 2004 for 47. He told me he was going to have to do loads of work on it to make a profit... then put it back on his site for 31 the next day. Thieving lying cheat Richard!  

When we specked the car, I added 9 grand of extras.... silver pack, terracotta leather, pink carpet delete, Bose, leather seat logos, coloured wheel caps, 911 wheels, upgraded computer. That grey, for which I can’t remember the name, was *almost* pearlescent instead. It took 9 months to be delivered. It was one of the best days of my life collecting it. It was one of the worst days of my life when I gave it back to him.

I think I still have the original purchase invoice if you want a copy.

God only knows why you want pink carpets in it, and the 911 wheels where an extra cost item as they were iconic. But each to their own.

I have very fond memories of it, and very silly stories. The best/worst one is when Swindon Porchse charged me £10 labour charge to “install” £175 worth of 2 front mats.

Id love to see some pics now if you have the time. After years of running very cheap cars, I ended up dumping nearly as much as this on a Ford RS. Way quicker than the Porker, but nowhere near the class. Now, unfortunately I have no need for a car for the next 15 months. What happens next, I don’t know, but I doubt I’d want this one back now 😄

Good luck mate!

Archived