986 S Zunsport grilles

Jorrocks

Having failed to find anything with the search function, can anyone point me to a ‘how to’ for fitting these to a 2003 986 S? The parts I’ve received from Zunsport don’t even look like they’ll fit, the centre one especially looking about an inch short either end!  Their instructions are bit vague with no indication what needs to be removed from the the bumper, or how to.

Thanks in advance!

Someone else will confirm or correct me if I'm wrong, but I think for some reason Zunsports only make grilles for a pre-facelift 986(.1) whereas your is a 986.2, which has different apertures & strakes in the front bumper. I don't understand why Zunsport don't make this clear on their website - the car pictured there is a 986.1 but for other models (eg 987) they have clearly distinguished between pre-and post-facelift models, so I suppose a reasonable inference for the unwary is that the grilles you've bought would fit both 986.1 & .2

I've never needed to test this, but I gather (from other reports on here) that - notwithstanding this cockup on their sales page - Zunsport are good at sorting out issues, so I would definitely hope that (if what I've said is right) you'd have no difficulty returning your order to them for a refund.

I think the only solution for the 986.2 is a homemade DIY one.

PS This post from Ed seems to confirm that Zunsport don't do grilles for a 986.2 (using the search facility on here is a bit of a black art): 

And have a look at this thread where others talk about that they did - and it includes a link to Ed's own DIY grilles:

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, Sazzy said:

Yes there's no zunsports for the facelift 986 I'm afraid. I made my own, and to be honest I think they look better behind the fins than in front anyway.

I did that too, easy job and looks stock

Archived