Manual 718's??

Riyazc

Time for a new toy, and was going to get an M2 competition, but i already have a skoda vrs 245 with 4 seats, so thinking 2 seats is the way to go, and had a boxster before, so thinkiong Cayman this time.

Went to the OPC as thinking a new one might be the way to go - and nope - cant order one, and they arent even sure if they will be selling them in future.

Really dont want an auto, so might have to go back to the M2C - unless anyone knows differently re the manuals??

I was looking for a new manual 718, and in regards to the future - def means manual 718's!

Order books have just re-opened for the auto caymans.

Im shocked at how ill-prepared the VW group as a whole have been ill prepared for the engine changes that the EU asked for.

Least the new cayman's are coming with PSE as standard :)

• 1 month later...

I was hoping to place an order in the next couple of weeks for a Manual 718 Boxster S without a PSE so the engine noise is muted.  (Current 981 PDK Boxster driver with PSE......)

I've finally decided I can live with the noise, and the low down torque should remove some of the long gearing issues I had with a 981 manual test drive,  but it looks like I'll be screwed both ways with this new gasoline particulate filter stuff.  I'm not going to try and place an order for a manual car that might not turn up for 12 months (if at all), have the wrong spec and be more expensive.  I don't suppose Porsche will lose any sleep!

I need to find plan B, or the 981 looks like a keeper......

RR

I really fancy a manual again, and the 981 Manual never did it for me with the long gearing and lack of torque.......and can't justify a third car when the other half doesn't drive.

RR

Archived