Few problems/Glasgow OPC.

Scubaregs

So my cars heating has stopped working, bizarrely though only on the drivers side (dual climate control) No error messages or lights. Going into Glasgow OPC tomorrow afternoon as they reckon it's a quick fix.

However, it is also booked in for the 23rd as there are 4 other things I wish investigated and they want the car for a while so I need a courtesy car.

1. Open window or door when car is wet, a LOT of water comes into the cabin onto door switches, floor and seat.

2. Drivers window creaks/squeaks when going down.

3. Driving in the heavy rain yesterday, car was constantly steaming up inside and I was continually having to use the front windscreen demist button every few minutes, which would clear it but it would simply steam up again.

4. Not sure if this is a fault, or meant to happen, but when I take climate control out of auto (was testing if I could get heat to drivers side, nope) when putting it back on auto, the air con comes on.

Hopefully tomorrow will get the heating to drivers side sorted and perhaps throw some light on the other issues.

I already asked about the water and they said that is what happens - that also may be linked to point 3. as there will be a bit of moisture in the car but what you describe definitely needs exploring.

I will be phoning them about the recall for the side vents as one is loose....

3. Driving in the heavy rain yesterday, car was constantly steaming up inside and I was continually having to use the front windscreen demist button every few minutes, which would clear it but it would simply steam up again.

All softops get damp and you are constantly tryi ng to clear the windscreen, i leave a moisture bag in the car , it seems to help

3. I have a 718 on loan and it has standard air con as oppose to dual climate and I noticed the windscreen gets misted up very easily...I think its because the temperate is not being controlled so well on the air con, likely if your dual climate is not working correctly, its effectively doing the same

12 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

3. I have a 718 on loan and it has standard air con as oppose to dual climate and I noticed the windscreen gets misted up very easily...I think its because the temperate is not being controlled so well on the air con, likely if your dual climate is not working correctly, its effectively doing the same

Yep, this occurred to me last night. My GT86 was terrible as well, solution seemed to be use the air con.

13 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

All softops get damp and you are constantly tryi ng to clear the windscreen, i leave a moisture bag in the car , it seems to help

2 MR2 roadsters for over 12 years and never had a problem with either doing this.

1 and 2 don't sound good to me, especially on a new car like yours (assuming it's the 718 you're talking about).

3. Switching your air con on will fix this. I know someone who used to own a vauxhall tigra convertible that resolved the problem by placing an open bag of cat litter in the cabin... but I really think pressing the ac button is a better solution.

4. Almost certainly supposed to do that... every car with auto ac that I've ever used/owned/driven has done that anyway.

Heater fixed today, a common problem apparently and i'll monitor it. Actually started working as I pulled into OPC.

Car in next week for the other things, as you say 1 and 2 are the more worrying.

23 hours ago, Scubaregs said:

Heater fixed today, a common problem apparently and i'll monitor it. Actually started working as I pulled into OPC.

Car in next week for the other things, as you say 1 and 2 are the more worrying.

Wondered if you got anywhere in regard to the water coming in as the Mrs has the same problem 

Just now, Metal Licker said:

Wondered if you got anywhere in regard to the water coming in as the Mrs has the same problem 

Car is going in next Friday for that, misting up and the squeaking window.

Archived