Dual zone a/c and parking sensors - essential or just nice to have?

smartin

On 11/21/2018 at 2:14 PM, smartin said:

Not very happy now 🤬

Just noticed that some a-hole has keyed the drivers side door on the car I'm part exchanging on 1st December (2001 986 Boxster). Must have happened over the weekend as this is the first time I have seen my car in the light since then.

15 years I've had this car and nobody has done that to it. Why did they have to do it a few days before I sell it?

Did you get away with the scratch or did you come clean in the end?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Did you get away with the scratch or did you come clean in the end?

Don't know if I got away with it. I didn't mention it and neither did they.

By the time I had completed the paperwork for the V5s and had a walkthrough for the new car, my old car had already disappeared!

Even before I had driven off in the new car, they were telling me they would love to buy it off me when I wanted to sell it in the future😲

Parking sensors yes, I think A/C would be 'nice to have' option for me.

When I went shopping for mine I found out pretty quickly that I won't find a car which will have everything I want in my budget.

The one I found, and now have, had everything except rear parking, but when I negotiated the price for it from the dealer, he mentioned they do rear parking sensors as an option for alot of cars so negotiated it into the cost of the car. Can't live without it now.

As above - for me parking sensors (at least at the back) are a 'must have' but dual zone a/c is merely a 'nice to have'. I find the number of times when the two zones are set to different numbers in a two-seater car makes it largely irrelevant. 

For me front and rear parking sensors are mandatory for all of our cars. Once you have them both you can’t go back.

37 minutes ago, Jofoley said:

rear parking sensors are mandatory for all of our cars. Once you have them both you can’t go back.

I thought that was the whole point of them?

19 hours ago, Jofoley said:

For me front and rear parking sensors are mandatory for all of our cars. Once you have them both you can’t go back.

I remember being very spoiled on my first car - it was a Peugeot 107 and had dealer-fitted reverse parking sensors. Completely unnecessary for a car of that size - but since then haven't had a car without them.

Archived