Dual zone a/c and parking sensors - essential or just nice to have?

smartin

4 minutes ago, smartin said:

Not very happy now 🤬

Just noticed that some a-hole has keyed the drivers side door on the car I'm part exchanging on 1st December (2001 986 Boxster). Must have happened over the weekend as this is the first time I have seen my car in the light since then.

15 years I've had this car and nobody has done that to it. Why did they have to do it a few days before I sell it?

Nightmare, how bad?  Can you polish it out or at least make it look better before you P/X?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could use one of the filler polishes.

Failing that, park with that side against a wall or at least away from the dealership window. ;)

42 minutes ago, Araf said:

You could use one of the filler polishes.

Failing that, park with that side against a wall or at least away from the dealership window. ;)

Any good ones you can recommend? Filler polishes, that is - not walls to park against!

29 minutes ago, smartin said:

Any good ones you can recommend? Filler polishes, that is - not walls to park against!

Megs ScratchX if you're pushing the boat out.  Turtle Wax Colour Magic if not.  I would go with the Meguiars, from the way you are talking.  If you can make the scratch disappear then you will have a clear conscience. :) 

16 minutes ago, Araf said:

Megs ScratchX if you're pushing the boat out.  Turtle Wax Colour Magic if not.  I would go with the Meguiars, from the way you are talking.  If you can make the scratch disappear then you will have a clear conscience. :) 

Thanks. Already tried Colour Magic - it covers up minor scratches but no chance with this one 😠

Think I might need Harry Potter to make it disappear

56 minutes ago, smartin said:

Thanks. Already tried Colour Magic - it covers up minor scratches but no chance with this one 😠

Think I might need Harry Potter to make it disappear

I know that the deal is done, but did you offer it on here? While trade-in & purchase is a bit of smoke and mirrors with regards the finances, most dealers want to make money on both cars and selling privately at trade price can be quite satisfying knowing that an enthusiast has got a bargain. And if the price is right they won't mind a scratch on the door. 

46 minutes ago, djy said:

Where are you buying it from? An independent, or a main dealer? If it's an OPC, I doubt they'll even be that bothered about the scratch, as it will go off to auction anyway. 

I am buying from an independent and not an opc. I already know that they will be passing the car on as it is much older and higher mileage than cars they would put up for sale themselves.

If it's being punted they probably won't care, I'm sure they have priced it at the low end of expectation anyway, just drop it off and see what happens. Worst case the garage will have a guy that can hide it or improve for next to nothing and you can chip in 

19 minutes ago, daz05 said:

If it's being punted they probably won't care, I'm sure they have priced it at the low end of expectation anyway, just drop it off and see what happens. Worst case the garage will have a guy that can hide it or improve for next to nothing and you can chip in 

I’d go with this approach 🤔

Thanks for the feedback. Will see how it goes when the car exchange happens a week tomorrow. 🤞

I will check out a couple of local body repair places to get an idea of cost in case they go down the route of wanting me to contribute to any repair.

I'm sure they will know a lot more about repairs than I would.

At least it didn't happen to the new car, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived