Anyone running mixed tyres f r

daz05

I've just ordered a pair of n rated Michelin PS4S's for the rear. Trouble is the n rated p zeros up front are fairly recent so would prefer not to change. Has anyone here run mixed tyres front and rear, if so, what did you think?

I currently run P zero N0 all round, but my fronts are near replacement, I would like to go N1 (or even PS4S) on the front but I have warranty renewal due at end of Feb so would have to keep N0 or change all 4 for that. This does tend to trap you into staying on the same tyre. If I didn’t have warranty renewal I’d have no qualms about putting a different N rated tyre on the front until the rears needed replacement.

Really! I'm in the same boat but as long as all 4 are n rated and the same per axle I don't see the issue. Especially going to N1, it's just an improved version of the same tyre. I'm not going to renew mine anyway.

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

Really! I'm in the same boat but as long as all 4 are n rated and the same per axle I don't see the issue. Especially going to N1, it's just an improved version of the same tyre. I'm not going to renew mine anyway.

kinda with you there

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

ISTR the warranty wants N rated tyres but isn't bothered about the brand. @Stuart21UK you've been through this I think?

IMO the N rating is the only requirement (using common sense) but personally I'd keep the same brand/model of tyre on all 4, with the same N rating across axles (but not necessarily across all 4)

As far as warranty...its potentially at the discretion of the OPC anyway...I mean I've had to take the Zunsport grills of once but other times they weren't bothered..

Common sense says N rating is enough and same model tyre across axle but who knows what Porsche think..

EDIT I'd scan the warranty docs but we all know they are only a guide to what actually happens in real life

#p*ssedoffwithporscheandwarrantyclaimsfailingduetooutsideinfluencesBS

Archived